According to the donkeys at MSNBC, we are now running concentration camps.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jun 16, 2018.

1. That's because people who lean left, all the way up to Supreme Court Justices, don't consider entering the country illegally to be a crime. Again, I encourage these people to put forth a resolution where those that take this position are allowed to take in a family of illegals, and support this family until the family can sustain themselves. People who are truly interested in the humanitarian side of this should have no problem stepping up for this great cause. I would applaud their dedication to the cause.

#41     Jun 18, 2018
  2. Fine, then again, people like yourself should be allowed to take in these asylum seeking people and give them food, shelter and support. I have no problem with that. Simple, straight-forward fix.

#42     Jun 18, 2018
  3. UsualName

UsualName

That’s not the way a Republic works. If that is your idea of how a country should be run, you’d be much more at home in Uganda.

#43     Jun 18, 2018
  4. Oh I see, when a solution is actually presented you have your excuses. Perpetuate the issue, never solve it. There's a place for you in politics.

#44     Jun 18, 2018
  5. Show us the moral way. Go down to the border and sponsor one of these families. Take responsibility for them. Write your congressman and senator to put forth such legislation allowing you to do this. Be public about it. March for it, protest for it, speak loudly for it. It's the moral thing to do. You have my full support.

#45     Jun 18, 2018
  6. UsualName

UsualName

Your idea isn’t a solution, it’s just you rambling something you heard on Fox and you regurgitated because you thought is was clever but it doesn’t address any of the issues here in a meaningful way.

Immigration is a federal issue and the authority to regulate it lies in the federal lawmakers hands. We can’t have an ad hoc policy for this situation. There would be no uniformity or predictability in process and outcomes.

Let’s say we did what you wanted, do you think every citizen is going to responsibly care for the asylum seekers? Do you think some would end up exploited or worse?

What about weeding out the bad actors, who will make judgments there?

#46     Jun 18, 2018
    Cuddles likes this.
  7. I'm not talking about every citizen. I'm talking about volunteers being allowed to take in a family of illegals and support them. I'm talking about the moral highroad leftist showing the rest of us heathens just what good humanitarians should do. The only thing preventing this is the will to do it.

#47     Jun 18, 2018
  8. [​IMG]

If the Bushes oppose it, it is probably a good policy.

I refuse to be lectured by the wife of the idiot who got us in Afghanistan and Iraq, 16 years and counting, wasted trillions on senseless wars and cost tens of thousands of trusting patriots their lives, limbs and futures.

George Bush's open borders policy created many of the problems we are dealing with today. As for Laura Bush, who lives behind 24/7 Secret Service protection, it breaks my heart to see innocent Americans killed or brutalized by illegal immigrants and their gang culture. It breaks my heart to see an opioid epidemic fueled by drugs brought across the border and distributed by Mexican cartels. it breaks my heart to see schools and local communities that cannot cope with the invasion of illegals your husband allowed.

#48     Jun 18, 2018
    MoneyMatthew likes this.
  9. UsualName

UsualName

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.”

#49     Jun 18, 2018
  10. #50     Jun 18, 2018