according to IB, I'm the RICHEST person in the world

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by chewbacca, Apr 7, 2009.

1. gangof4

gangof4

exactly. the 'fix the bugs, end the serial updates' call has gone out for many many years. IB will never change their ways. the only thing that would make them change is if another broker finally garnered a clue and gave them some real competition. one day it will happen, IB will lose many traders, and then they'll actually acknowledge that their customers matter.

i equate IB to my local cable tv provider who operates in a monopoly. well, except that you'd have to up the attitude by a factor of 100, and they'd also come out to your house every 4 weeks (with a 4 hour appt window) to swap out your existing box/dvr (losing all your settings and recordings) and replace it with one that doesn't work...

#11     Apr 7, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

why all the whining? just go to another build and be thankful for the extensive redundancy which exists in the TWS.

#12     Apr 7, 2009
  3. eagle

eagle

When vendor didn't fully test their system and leave it to be completed by the customers the result is "If I have choice…"

Anyway, we should give credit to IB for taking a high risk due to possible system error that could cost very big, especially on margin account, by IB system error or by clients error who develop through the API. No other brokers who dear to take this risk yet. I hope someday ETrade will do…

#13     Apr 7, 2009
  4. Hey, are you guys running the desktop version of the TWS or the browser-launched version?

I run the desktop version and haven't seen any problems and haven't seen any new upgrades for weeks.

#14     Apr 7, 2009