Access IB TWS on a network?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by almostatrader, May 8, 2003.

1. I could use it if i wanted to but i don't think the IB feed is all that great, furthermore it has limitations (snapshot vs real ticks) and the number of symbols one can monitor. Again, I don't run a charting app, i run a system.

#11     May 8, 2003
  2. There's no problem doing what you are doing.

I think the original poster wanted to run TWS on one box and access the same IB data feed from another which would be a problem if you can't run two instances of TWS using the same username at the same time (which I don't think you can do).

#12     May 8, 2003
  3. That was not the impression I got from his post. It seems he merely wants to access the TWS system running on the other computer, not connect two applications to the same API.

#13     May 8, 2003
  4. What I wanted to do was to run IB TWS on one computer and then run two applications from the data on two separate computers. For instance I've run Ensign and Medved Quotetracker both at the same time on one computer from one TWS program. I just want to be able to run the two charting programs on two separate computers using TWS running on one computer. The two computers are both running Windows XP on a network.

Thank you very much to everyone for their help and advice but I'm still not too sure whether it's possible to do this or how to do it.

#14     May 8, 2003
  5. I see. In that case, you do need SOAP or some kind of middlesoftware that will redistribute the feed. A lot of programming involved. I would get another feed if i were you.

#15     May 8, 2003