Academia has it proven: Tea Party are devout racists!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Sep 4, 2011.

1. I wonder how much of that so-called research was paid for with government grants. Probably most of it.

Soi the bottom line seems to be that Tea Party supporters favor less spending, a smaller federal government, common sense approaches to security issues like profiling, and oppose illegal immigration and racial preferences. What a bunch of radicals.

Also, they feel their country is slipping away from them. How can anyone argue with that? Somehow, the fundamental values that made our country are now deemed evidence of racism, mental instability and dangerous radicalism.

#11     Sep 5, 2011
  2. Academics: Those who can do, those who can't.....

#12     Sep 5, 2011
  3. Mercor

Mercor

One could argue that military spending is one big stimulus program. It maintains hundred of thousands of jobs.
    It is one big ongoing infrastructure project.

#13     Sep 5, 2011
  4. wildchild

wildchild

"they agreed with the statement that Irish, Italians and Jews overcame prejudice and “blacks should do the same without any special favors.â€"

So let me get this straight, it is now considered racist if you do not think that one particular race should get special favors. According to the article, a non-racist, thinks one group should get special favors, that other groups dont get, simply based on the color of their skin. 

#14     Sep 5, 2011
  5. Wallet

Wallet

I guess they save about 600 billion on research and development, waiting for Democrats to give them the technology for free.

#15     Sep 5, 2011
  6. Wallet

Wallet

+1

#16     Sep 5, 2011
  7. jem

jem

The fact that those professors can write that stuff and make those conclusion with a straight face is evidence they have no business being academics.

Its a damn shame the press and academia have also been corrupted by govt handouts.

These govt studies need to be cut. They are destroying objectivity.

#17     Sep 5, 2011
  8. dcvtss

dcvtss

As someone who grew up in and around DC and has worked on several gov contracts I can state unequivocally that in my experience about 95% of the government is a jobs program and that includes the military, contractors, domestic programs, everything. Gov uses 5 people to accomplish what commercial would do with one and the main reason behind that is it takes 1 person to do the work and 4 others to navigate the byzantine bureaucracy and "process" of getting the project funded, approved, etc.

#18     Sep 5, 2011
  9. TGregg

TGregg

Actually it is radical. From Bush `41, through two terms of Clinton and Bush, and even into Obama, we're a country that looks to the federal government for a solution to any and all things, no matter how small, no matter how inappropriate. Now we have a vocal group that has gathered some momentum. Perhaps they can turn the trend. But yeah, this is radical. If it turns (and I hope it does) the tide from ever increasing government to reducing (not slowing the growth of) government, it's be a big change that will be described in all the history books going forward.

#19     Sep 5, 2011
  10. rew

rew

The Tea Party was started by advocates for Ron Paul. The big $6 million money bomb in 2007 was on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. Ron Paul's original Tea Party activists agreed with Paul that among the many things we should cut is our bloated military, and that we should get out of the wars and bring the troops home.

Ron Paul does not think we should be fighting wars for Israel or subsidizing Israel with our tax dollars. He believes that we should treat Israel like a normal country. For this he gets labeled an "anti-semite" by arch Zionist David Horowitz and no doubt by jakejones as well.

The Republican establishment saw the Tea Party and decided that they could use it for their own evil ends. They have now coopted it with neocons like Sarah Palin. Tea Partiers dumb enough to go for Palin will just get another war mongering deficit spending Bush clone. jakejones is that dumb.

#20     Sep 5, 2011