Abuse amongst traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 1000stars, Oct 17, 2005.

1. A better question is how can virtually every poster come off as cocky when the odds would dictate that few are consistently profitable.

#31     Oct 19, 2005
  2. because I wouldn't want to hang around with meek people.

Even if there is a different of opinions and lack of credibility, I'd definately want to have the arguements with some strong personalities instead of some dim wits.

#32     Oct 19, 2005
  3. traders seem to be about as big a group of a**holes as any. present company excepted of course.

#33     Oct 19, 2005
  4. Excuse me, but I have zero anger or rage towards anyone on an anonymous website on the Internet Superhighway . . . that would be a complete waste of emotion , in my opinion.

What I do find interesting is a poster such as yourself that believes that I am the ONLY one that has questioned your continued "play by play" and incredibly absurd posts regarding market activity in the Trading Forum that present little to no value whatsoever.

For example, just today Avalanche ( a moderator ) once again asked you to stop posting a new thread header everytime you wanted to express an opinion on the market. It was just after you created the thread entitled, Wow Factor: High

In fact, some people have even been able to identify who created the thread before they even clicked on the header because they could just tell that it was yet another absurd thread created by YOU, and no one else!

Here is the exact post by Avalanche from earlier today ( Wednesday ) in which he tells you why people are flaming you and politely asking you to start a journal or try your commentary in the Chat room:

10-19-05 09:04 PM

Another moderator, TGregg has also made similar remarks about your valueless posts along with others like Longhorns and hedgeyourbets and Convertibility

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57067&perpage=6&pagenumber=2

I'm not the ONLY one that has been critical of your posts, Sir.

#34     Oct 19, 2005
  5. Yeah, I guess calling you lazy really hurt your feelings . . .
    Sorry about that.
    My apologies.

:)

#35     Oct 19, 2005
  6. Deptrai

Deptrai

The very good traders are above all this. They have learned to control their emotions. Furthermore, if they are very critical of anyone it would be themselves. The very good traders are modest people. 10 years ago I was like most of the traders here. Then I started to ask myself, "What is it that I really know?" After some soul search, I have to agree with Socrates. I know nothing. And that was when I started to really learn. I had empty my cup. On this forum, very good traders are rare. However, they are in more supply here than on any other forum. Everytime I read a poster's comments I size that poster up. Is this poster a very good trader? Is he calm? Emotionless? Existing in a Zen-like state of mind? Does he see deep? Or does he belong to the 99% who fail? Typically those who fail throw darts at a dart board. Then when they hit, they will brag about it. So if you are reading this and you post on this forum, then you can be sure that I am sizing you up.

#36     Oct 19, 2005
  7. I don't size any traders up,

I just look into the archives, and see what bs they have talked about :D

You can see immediately who knows their shits, and who keeps on posting "That is true but I believe you spelled trading wrong, Please fix spelling asap!"

#37     Oct 20, 2005
  8. Don't mistake a "strong personality" for intelligence or capability. Often, it serves as a compensatory measure for a shortcoming. You need look no further than ET for evidence and verification. In fact, you may wish to review a few of your own posts with an open mind.

#38     Oct 23, 2005
  9. ozzy

ozzy

Always good to be humble in life. Let your actions/results do the talking. Talk is cheap.

#39     Oct 23, 2005
  10. traderob

traderob

Deluded twot.

#40     Oct 23, 2005