Abu Musab al-Zarqawi Dead

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hcour, Jun 8, 2006.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

like you said "forcing them to train elsewhere" to me isnt a better option than cutting funding for security to major cities where we actually live in. You try to make this a right/left issue of who would have done a better job "if this" if that" which is all hypothetical and all im saying is we are not fighting this the correct way. How you can debate that is absurd. Yes we got saddam and abu musab and countless other thugs but we cut spending and have a freaken chaotic situation brewing in Iraq how many years later , how many lives later and how many trillions later...Do you actually feel safer???

and you state their control and command were destroyed..."they" are bigger than one person...peace

#51     Jun 9, 2006
  2. el cubano..... someone who consistently gets it right.

#52     Jun 9, 2006
  3. jem

jem

cubano took my original statement and tried to morph into a debate on whether bush did everything right.

Let us review. Marxist leftist zzz posts crap all the time. I comment on the reality of the situation explaining why you cant trust the left to interpret events correctly.

I said most on the the left could not have been trusted to have cleaned al queda out of afghanistan. And I am glad we did because al queda would have been more dangerous had we left them there under the soveriegn protection the taliban (and I even put in a disclaimer saying that does not mean I think bush has done everything right.)

Cubano comes along and says I am wrong.

I say really, it would be better to have left al queda under the soverign protection of the Taliban, where they were building wmd factories and training and running the show?

Cubanon comes back and tries to turn my statements into some sort of referendum on the costs of the war in Iraq.

Ratboy says El Cuban is always right.

Which again proves my piont. The left seems to interepret reality through some sort of distorted lens.

So it woud have been better for us to leave al queda to grow in Afghanistan than to have gone in there and forced them to leave behind their weopons factories, training centers, computers and command and control. It is better to have left OBL free to rule from the protection of a soverign then force him into back water caves.

#53     Jun 9, 2006
  4. Dennis Kusinich, Al Sharpton and Ralph Nader would have invaded afghanistan after 9/11, let alone mainstream democratic politicians. It was a total no-brainer, it was supported by the UN, the french, spanish, russians and dozens of other countries including muslim ones. Of course unlike the right, the left would have finished the job in Afghanistan and would not have invaded Iraq.

#54     Jun 9, 2006
  5. jem

jem

dddoo - I would hope you are right, but I seriously doubt the left could overcome the moores and the zzzz and now the bergs of the party.

#55     Jun 9, 2006
  6. not nader.

#56     Jun 9, 2006
  7. 90% of americans supported the invasion [of Afghanistan] - which proves that an overwhelming majority of the left also supported it. It's not a partisan issue IMO, Bush Senior and Junior are not the only politicians who can start wars and the democrats don't always cut and run. Just a reminder that Clinton invaded Yugoslavia and bombed several muslim countries and Reagan ran from Lebanon with his tail between his legs.

PS I am afraid you're confusing liberalism with pacifism.

#57     Jun 9, 2006
  8. Hmmm... which leftwing website told you that (after the fact of course)???

John Kerry > October 9, 2002
    "I will be voting to give the president of the US the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

Al Gore > September 23, 2002
    "We know that he has stored nuclear supplies, secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

John Kerry > January 23, 2003
    "Without question we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator leading an impressive regime. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he's miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. His consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction."

Ted Kennedy > September 27, 2002
    "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

One side flip-flopped, one side stuck to their guns. Same story, different news item... yawn.
    If you need all the other quotes that contradict your assumption, let me know. Good day.

#58     Jun 9, 2006
  9. LOL LOL LOL the left??? omg.. how stupid is this guy??? dude i am far more conservative than you will ever know or be in our lifetimes.

see...this is a grand example of just how stupid the american public has become !!!!!!!!!! Jem... thinks he is a conservative. what a joke. go look up the word.... it does not mean NEOCON... do some research pal. the neocons that have hi-jacked this party are fascist/communist. they dont even try to hide it. they trace their roots back to Trotsky then strauss in chicago, then kristol. they were "liberals" not too long ago, then they converted. they are CHICKENHAWKS that will not send their own families to die for this wonderful war of lies, filth, and greed. but dumbasses keep asking for bigger spoons in order to keep lapping up their pig filth thinking they are conservative republicans.

distorted lens??? you are the one with feces in ur bowl and you think it is rocky road!!!!!!!!!! now where's that spoon?

bon appetit

#59     Jun 9, 2006
  10. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Of all the wildest kook blogs some of you guys regularly suck-up like sponges, and all the conspiracy theories Al Jazeera regularly spews out, nothing can possibly dispute the factual mathematical perspective and reality of 150,000 coalition forces maintaining the order of 26 million Iraqis.

So if you want to justify your hysteria based on an Iraq in “chaos,” if you want to convince me that we are fighting an “impossible war,” show me the evidence of millions and millions of Iraqis killing each other. Show me the evidence of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed as a result. Show me evidence of this civil war. And don’t say our government can cover this all up because our very own CIA can’t even keep it’s own secrets.

Go ahead: add up all the Abu Ghraib’s, the Haditha’s, the road side bombs, the Sunni/Shiia fights, and everything else to-date. Unless you believe the population of Iraq is 100000 and one in ten are at each other’s throats and are terrorizing the rest into submission, your hysteria is completely delusional.

Sure a lot of people want to believe Iraq is a failure because they want America to be a failure. But we also have too many well-intended people who freak out if a child cuts his finger, as they also make mountains out of molehills over Iraq.

#60     Jun 9, 2006