Absolutely Sickening Part of Bailout

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MKTrader, Oct 2, 2008.

1. jprad

jprad

You're going to drive yourself nuts if you get caught up in the specifics.

Right or wrong, it is what it is and it isn't going to change until a large part of the country wakes up and starts to care about what the hell is going on in Washington.

I don't know if this is the watershed moment that finally gets people to say "enough's enough," that remains to be seen.

#11     Oct 2, 2008
  2. bidask

bidask

$223 million for alaskan fisherman? don't those guys on Deadliest Catch already make $40K for 2 weeks of work?

#12     Oct 2, 2008
  3. jprad

jprad

You do realize that this was an entirely different bill that the House passed back in March, right?

The irony is that the Senate has sat on this thing since and it probably would have died in the Senate after this congress recessed.

So, the House has two choices; modify their version of the bailout and try to get it passed or vote on the Senate version.

#13     Oct 2, 2008
  4. Wooden arrow shafts play an integral role in the US economy. Unless your shafts are manufactured to exact specifications the bailout won't work.

#14     Oct 2, 2008
  5. NKNY

NKNY

lol....

#15     Oct 2, 2008
  6. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Is that so we can make sure we hit all the people that got us in this mess, or is this how we are going to supply our military since we can't afford bullets anymore? :p

#16     Oct 2, 2008
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Ha! Maybe all our Congressmen/women should bend over and let a group of us taxpayers try out those new, well-manufactured arrows. Of course, we'll have to pay for even more of Pelosi's plastic surgery afterwards.

#17     Oct 2, 2008
  8. But hey that's ok because the Maverick from Alaska will stop that! :D

#18     Oct 2, 2008
  9. Right. Trust the people who waste money to conserve it. WHat naive pill did you take this morning?
    Why do you get upset about things you cannot control or affect?
    The Boston Tea Party was held over a TWO PERCENT TAX, now you pay 50% to the government in one form or another. Ron Paul was your best bet. You told him no. Live with it.

#19     Oct 2, 2008
  10. MKTrader

MKTrader

Calm down, dude.

(1) I voted for Ron Paul

(2) I didn't say I supported the bailout. I said if they were going to do it anyway, they should've agreed to 0% pork. Did I expect them to? Of course not. But I didn't think it would be quite this bad.

#20     Oct 2, 2008