Absolute concrete proof that Volente is lying

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chaykapwr, May 3, 2012.

1. Never heard of Volente until this tread..

thanks, I just wired him 350k

hope you get a cut!!

#21     May 3, 2012
  2. Traders who post their market order or limit order entries with instructions to sit until either the stop or target is reached are amateurs. It's a ridiculous way to trade because it appears entirely discretionary and dependent on how greedy that particular trader wants to be about his stops.

Volente and others that post these ridiculous well I've entered now I'll just sit here and wait until I either hit my target or get stopped are not just rank amateurs, but pitiful traders.

Like when people who frankly post a seemingly random entry who have no concept of market movement just to make it dependent on meeting an arbitrary set of targets do not know how to trade anyway. I might have targets and stops, but that can all change with price action, and even if volente who probably has lied about his positions before could prove he really did those trades it doesn't matter!

If it mattered, it might have had an impact on 1 of the 300 active users to go out and mimic the trade not knowing that trader's history or their profit margins, win percentages, or anything relevant to determine the efficiency of those entries.

Typically when I see these posts:

long 87.5 target 96 stop 82 I know they either used a systematic method to place that entry or simply blew out the seat of their pants to take 10-30 seconds of time to post those entries, just to get even more blown out.

The point is not whether volente is lying, the point is how accurate the trade was, and from what I've seen these types of posts are so stupid that I don't even pay attention to them, because unless they've developed strategies or talked about what they do systematically I know their failed traders without having to read much more than asking them what it is they do to generate alpha. If they don't talk about systems, chances are they're not profitable, and that's all there is to it. You might hear about periods where the market is running high and I made 1200% on a $500 margin buying on open with a 10 point stop and target, but that's idioitic, just like all of these other posts about how to trade, the greed factor may not be there as much as some other traders but realistically if there's no explanation I don't ever care what the outcome of their trade was. Never mind that it was probably faked anyway just so they could link it to maybe the one out of 10 that might have occured in less than 30 minutes anyway, replete with editing, deletion, and outright fraud like marketsurfer did on numerous occassions. The act of parsing out trade recommendations to not have edit functions should be standard practice here.

Put simply, if there is any trade recommendation in the post, they should acknowledge that and not be allowed to delete their trades or anything past their own edits prior to submittal.

#22     May 3, 2012
  3. Mercor

Mercor

I will bet you that Volente is not even his real name.

#23     May 3, 2012
  4. Easy there, GTS. ET has very strict rules about free advertising. :D

#24     May 3, 2012
  5. I googled Volente and came up with this..

[​IMG]

chaykapwr that must be him

#25     May 3, 2012
  6. spd

spd

This thread is balls.

#26     May 3, 2012
  7. Never mind I'm the hottest trader elsewhere.

GTS and others really don't get how much more difficult it is to generate alpha from ETF's than with futures.

Until you guys do that's when I'll know you guys have matured.

In a position to lose $1k 2 days out of the week, and make $15,000+ in each of the other 3 days.

Hey...I WIN!

My CTA's numero uno in 2012.

#27     May 3, 2012
  8. Congrads bwo. Most pathetic POS post evah. You even managed to beat out Hershey.

#28     May 3, 2012
  9. Dam.

I guess calling people out for the targets and stops with their entries wasn't what annoyed me; it was their randomness.

Also, most post their trades after the fact, and I don't do that.

#29     May 3, 2012
  10. You don't get it: you're posting this stuff in a thread about a guy who doesn't give a flying fuck what you or anyone else thinks. Why do you think he parked himself in Chit Chat? What are you expecting, for him to fly over to your house and beg you to give him the Holy Grail? You expecting any of the rest of us to do that? Assuming that pic is of him, does that look like a guy who wants or needs your advice?
    Sheesh.
    The OP was stoopid enough. You, man, you just define pathetic.

#30     May 3, 2012