Absolute concrete proof that Volente is lying

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chaykapwr, May 3, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Agreed.

#11     May 3, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

#12     May 3, 2012
  3. um, check your urbandictionary, also, ever heard of the phrase I should be so lucky? or tell me about it...means the opposite.

6. I could care less
    A sarcastic phrase meaning "as if I could care less about this."

Stupid people often complain about this phrase, insisting that "I couldn't care less" should be used instead. This is because they fail to realize that "I could care less" is an appropriate and historically popular idiom that dates back to the 1960s.

The very same morons will probably tell you, "But if you could care less, that means you actually cared about it at least a little bit in the first place." That is because the sarcasm is lost on them. Should you hear this, just smile and enjoy knowing that you are speaking to someone of low intelligence.

#13     May 3, 2012
  4. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when illiterates use the "urbandictionary" excuse. No offense to Hurricane.

#14     May 3, 2012
  5. trendo

trendo

How about "I could give a rat's ass" vs. "I couldn't give a rat's ass" ...?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

#15     May 3, 2012
  6. We're not discussing metaphors. If you get it right, no edit. If wrong, it's covered in urban dictionary. Let's stay on the topic of stalking Volente.

#16     May 3, 2012
  7. Regarding Volente: From what I've seen, he is a rather good trader. Has made a number of very impressive calls on the ES journal. I'd be surprised if he wasn't trading real money.

Regarding 'could' VS 'couldn't' (care less):
    Here in the UK, i've never heard someone say ''I could care less''. Only ''I couldn't care less''.
    It must be an American thing; Maybe specific to the culture. I've seen it lots and lots on American sites, to the point where I guess either are acceptable today.

#17     May 3, 2012
  8. a. intent was sarcasm.
    b. idioms. context within the culture. cultural references. not part of a language but of a culture - ud is a reference.
    c. ud was even referenced in a federal court case (Feds Consulted Urban Dictionary in Threat Case).

d. do not pet your peeve, although as this thread is not yet disposed to chit chat, I can see your annoyance at expecting only serious responses to the charges alleviated against said Volente.

#18     May 3, 2012
  9. Oh yes, genius. Say high to the Queen at high-tea.

I'm familiar with idioms, colloquialisms... like when I ask, "How do you know it was sarcasm... you blowing the guy?" "Share a brain?" Etc.

#19     May 3, 2012
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Here is my comment: "Whatever."

OK, English scholars, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

#20     May 3, 2012