Absentee licensee

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hedg, Dec 13, 2003.

  1. hedg


    If I hold a series 7 can I let my step brother trade for me at a prop firm with my money in my name?
  2. Ebo


    If it's your money, then you do not need a "7".
    Are you just using their office space or are you in an L.L.C.?
    If you are trading retail at a prop firm then you might need a power of attorney to allow him to trade your money.
    You cannot "assign" your 7 to anyone! That is pretty silly.

  3. xbrxx


    If you guys are twins, it'll probably work out. lol. Just make sure compliance can't tell the difference!
  4. hedg


    Thanks for the thoughts Ebo, xbrxx... Stupid question for this forum, but its a weekend so no props to ask. :) Just thought I might get some great encouraging feedback LOL!