About William Derber Gann

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cf0532, May 10, 2009.

1. These are the words.

Jack Hershey is a good teacher, and has students that present clear evidence of being good traders.

Jack has two stalkers. One who current alias is Mr. Superlatives, the other is called Mandelbrot Set.

The best way to deal with them is to put them on ignore.

They do not contribute to anything on the site, Mr. S. follows Jack, the other one follows Mr. S.

If u want ur thread to stay clean, put these two on ignore, and push the complain button.

If ur thread gets sent to chit chat, then I will start another and we can go on with discussing the similarities between Gann and other actual traders.

#51     May 13, 2009
  2. Have u done any charts, yet?

Or are there any symbols that u want to compare charts with?

#52     May 13, 2009
  3. ROTF :p :D

You really should start selling those things on ET (get a Paypal account).

You won't need to cut a deal with jack, he routinely gets 3x the ATR and makes about $200,000 every ten hours. link, so he doesn't really need the money ... LMAO. :D

But AREalGannTrader obviusly can't trade for shit, as he keeps making real-time calls and getting stopped out and reversing ... and then getting stopped out again! (what is he now, 3 for 3? :confused: :D ) ... at this rate, he's going to be one of the best fades on ET! :D

Yeah, I REALLY respect what he has to say about who is and who is not a good trader .... bwahahahahahah j/k! :D

#53     May 13, 2009
  4. Hey, give the guy a break! :p

He can't make a living seeling subprime mortgages anymore and is trying to make a go of trading (but failing so far) and reaching for SCT as a last ditch effort! :D

#54     May 13, 2009
  5. ROTFLMAO!

Is that true? :eek: :confused: :D

You noticed ... :p

#55     May 13, 2009
  6. Agassi

Agassi

Is that so? i didn't know what. which exchange? NYSE?

#56     May 13, 2009
  7. Yes.

#57     May 14, 2009
  8. Agassi

Agassi

Can we discuss Gann's ideas here? or not?

This is my opinion. Perhaps one of the most famous coaches in tennis is Nick Bollettieri. He himself never played any tennis, but he produced many top world ranked tennis players. So, W.D. Gann could be like this Nick Bollettieri- some one who may have never traded, but could be a very good traders coach!

I have been a tennis pro and I know that even though i teach the same stuff to all the students (in this case pee wees), there are always some kids who can do better than the other. So just like that, even if 100 people try to lean this esoteric Gann stuff, some people may get it and some may never get it.

So what is a good starting point? Can some one post specific examples as how you trade using Gann?

#58     May 14, 2009
  9. Excellent points and starting points.

There is nothing esoteric about Gann.
    People have made things more complicated than they are.

#59     May 14, 2009
  10. Updated Dow chart. What is nice about Gann is that u don't have to update the grid very often, u can trade off the levels as they pass thru time.

#60     May 14, 2009