About to Pull the Trigger on IB, somone stop me?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nickL, Jun 29, 2007.

1. If all you wanna trade is the ES, www.iepstein.com charges 4.62 RT.. Uses a VERY nice trading platform that you can get for free. If all you are trading is ONE contract....

Of course as you add features to the platform (or unlock features) you pay more. The charting is nice, etc... Much Better than IB is you desire an all in one type solution (minus Automated Trading.)

Of course for the free streaming data you'll wind up on the $60/Month Platform (Silver)

So, I guess when you add it all up...

@ 59.95/Month for a platform fee, that amounts to .199 per trade (if you are doing 300 trades per month) added to the 4.62 = 5.01 per trade. So In short... IB is the better deal...

Though the platform does BLOW TWS out the water for charting..... The DOM feels Better, etc...

The Quote Board is a nice feature.... and so on. LOL...

SO it's not just commissions, it's the whole kit and Kaboodle.....

If you want one place for it all. I'd say iepstein with QST as the cost of Leasing a decent charting program to work alongside IB would wind up being no less than $30/month additionl (or .20/RT) = 5.00/ RT or just about the same...

Anyway, take the time count up all the costs, divide it buy the number of contracts traded, and that is your REAL Commission fee.

#11     Jun 29, 2007