About to graduate college. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mike10, Oct 10, 2010.

1. This is the neat thing about going to college. It is there that you learn you do NOT have to have a job.

The PC made all that possible earlier. Even a high school student can learn he does not have to have a job. Anyone who has done an Excel sheet as part of his live's money plan, found out he did not have to work and THAT MONEY DID THE WORK, INSTEAD.

Did you miss that class?

So why do people work?

Usually it is to help their families (see garcia)

Or is can be to help others.

wealth is not gained through job salaries. that is learned in college or high school.

Learning how to gaiin wealth is usually an informal leraning process. That is why this thread was moved to chit chat at the request of a complaining person.

Mike10 gets to do his prep even before he gets out of school.

Many of those posting here in this thread did not do it in school and some STILL HAVE NOT DONE IT.

You can go back in anyone's posting history to find their Excel spread sheets. Or you can't because they didn't do one.

The funny thing is, if you figured out how to make money, you post a spread sheet. If you didn't you don't post a spread sheet.

All performance comments come from performance of the person.

All comparisons of performance are based on the commentor's performance. If a person says something can't be done, it is because HE CAN'T DO IT. This is what makes so many posts in ET so humorous.

Try to make up a spread sheet that says you have to have a job; it cannot be done.

Don't ever make up a spread sheet and you will have a job for life.

It is like deciding to fly. You have to have wings. If you want to fly you go get wings and fly.

#31     Oct 17, 2010
  2. the wing is in the upper left part of the pic.

the cacti are about 30 feet high. Big rocks....LOL....

#32     Oct 17, 2010
  3. Jack, you should go back to giving trading advice. Giving career advice may not be your thing.

:p

#33     Oct 17, 2010
  4. GG1972

GG1972

+10. Will save you lots of agony when u go thru the pain

#34     Oct 17, 2010
  5. But think of all the money saved while he's distracted from giving trading advice.

#35     Oct 17, 2010

6. Jack majored in Obfuscation.

#36     Oct 17, 2010
  7. if you choose to make a dishonest living, prepare for the consequences ..

#37     Oct 19, 2010
  8. I agree with the advice to get that CPA, and trade on your own for awhile. Get a job. In today's climate that's about all you can ask.

#38     Oct 19, 2010
  9. Mike10

Mike10

Looks like I'm going to go for the CPA as you responses seem to agree that that's the best option.

#39     Oct 26, 2010
  10. 1011011

this is probable the nth time that someone has asked this question. my advice is, GET A REAL JOB (NON TRADING JOB). don't waste your degree, youth, motivation, job opportunities on 5 years of trading in your parent's house, which most likely, you will have nothing to show monetary wise, skill wise, social skills wise, etc.

if you have the trading itch, DO THIS ON THE SIDE. accumulate savings, establish a trading fund for yourself that you save a certain % of your check to this trading account. when you have about 10k saved, come to me and I WILL TELL YOU STEP #2.

if you have never listen to anybody in your life and don't listen to other people on ET, PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS. get a job, get your CPA, and spend 5 years working your ass off in the corporate world. when you have some life experiences and some stability in your life, than you can play around with trading/investment.

trading is a zero sum game and most attempt it and FEW SUCCEED! if you want to succeed in life, do step 1 and if you really want to trade, than complete step 1 and we'll talk later.

#40     Oct 26, 2010