About to graduate college. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mike10, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Mike10

Mike10

Hello,
    I'm graduating with an accounting degree in December. I would like to trade my own account someday or get a job trading. Should I try to become a CPA in order to save money to trade on my own? Or should I try to get a job as an analyst and eventually try to become a trader that way? Any advice or information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. You probably understand the ins and outs of cash business. Open a pizzeria.:cool:

3. Mike10

Mike10

haha. I do love pizza, but don't know how to make it well.

4. Get a CPA and trade on the side.

It's always good to have a stream of income.

PA

5. Mike10

Mike10

Thank you PA. That makes a lot of sense.

6. morganist

morganist Guest

Which country are you based in. If you are not in the US you could do spread betting. I used to on the side when I did another job but the spreads were unfair so I stopped. Plus I had other things to do.

7. Mike10

Mike10

@Morganist: I'm in the US. Where are you from? Do you do any other type of trading or speculation now?

How much time is needed to trade futures? I figure I would need a rather large account (at least 20-50k) to hold positions while working full time. Am I right? Or do futures require more commitment of time like sitting in front of a screen all day?

8. Mike10

Mike10

What do you guys think about law school? Any lawyers here? I was thinking about becoming a tax/bankruptcy attorney.

And what do you think about day trading or very short term trading. It seems it's better to have a long run perspective. But either way it seem a larger amount of capital is better (say 20-50k) to start out with than something small like 1-5k. Any thoughts?

9. why not become a deal breaker when the WORLD is offered up to techs!

10. Find the niche in bk stocks likely to be interesting.

#10     Oct 11, 2010