About Thinkorswim

Discussion in 'Options' started by suspend, Feb 20, 2006.

1. I went ahead and opened up Wifeys ThinkorSwim IRA options account with an ACAT transfer today. She was flat in her OptionsXpress account.

We have a tax burden due by April 15th., even though I paid/estimated our taxes quarterly (I screwed up, but I paid enough in quarterly, to avoid a penalty I think...yes ElectricSavant can screw up too).

Wifey will max out her 2005 contribution with a $4,500.00 IRA deposit, after the ACAT is complete, to lessen our tax burden.

I declared the interest earned in my Forex account and gains, even though my marketmaker did not report.

Michael B.

P.S. maybe they will give me the 50 bucks...we will see...

#31     Feb 21, 2006
  2. MTE

MTE

Yes, the ones that come from outside providers do not follow the font selection. Not a problem for me though as I don't use those, except for charts, but no problem there. I use a 1920 by 1200 resolution with Large font size, works great for me.

Cheers.

#32     Feb 22, 2006
  3. Made a difference in mine! That's why I'm willing to stay with them. Everything they can (and will) do for you more than makes up for the slightly higher commissions.

ASAP talk to them about at least dropping the ticket charge. That one really bites into the profits on small trades.

#33     Feb 24, 2006
  4. I have just opened an account. The software is awesome as it works so well on a mac.

QUick question for you guys. I cant get any financials on the firm, i am sure they are fine but what is my credit risk. I plan to have a large amount in the account and want to be certain i understand the credit risk.

Any info?

#34     Feb 24, 2006
  5. They clear thru penson. You can get the financials for Penson since it is a public company. In addition any cash < 500k is covered by SIPC. So if u really have a LOT of $ , put 500K in diff brokers and if you have any loose change you can give me some...LOL

#35     Feb 24, 2006
  6. Thats great. I thought the limit was 100k

so if they clear through penson my risk (if any) is with them right?

thanks

#36     Feb 24, 2006
  7. Check out SIPC.org and verify. Good luck. TOs is great

#37     Feb 24, 2006
  8. top man. thanks.
    I get a little nervy after refco but these guys look very good.

#38     Feb 24, 2006
  9. Is that true TOS is a futures broker too? If that is true can they show a options chain, I think it is called, on options on futures?

#39     Feb 24, 2006
  10. MTE

MTE

No, no options on futures yet. Just the e-mini S&P, Nasdaq and Russell 200 futures for now, more futures are coming.

#40     Feb 25, 2006