About Thinkorswim

Discussion in 'Options' started by suspend, Feb 20, 2006.

1. suspend

suspend

Hello!

I am interested in trading US stock options and need some help selecting a broker.

Thinkorswim caught my attention and I am interested if any of you has any experience with them.
    I would like to know if they are for real, meaning do they provide direct market access or do they requote you, do they really fill your orders or are they just hoping that you’ll be among the 90% losers and don’t fill them and if you start making some profit they will later give you bad quotes?

Selecting a decent broker is vital for your trading now-a-days so I would be very grateful and would appreciate it a lot if you could help me with that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

2. MTE

MTE

suspend,

Thinkorswim is an options, stocks and futures broker not a spot FX dealer, so there can be no requotes and etc since Thinkorswim does not trade against customers.

Check out Broker reviews

Thinkorswim is one of the top US option brokers!

3. Opra

Opra

Best full service options broker at deep discount prices.

4. I agree, I just started trading with them and I would rate them very good, much better than Options Express where I had my account before.

Don

5. MTE

MTE

Optionsxpress's platform is stone age compared to Thinkorswim's!

6. thinkorswim...

the only place to go...

7. ozzy

ozzy

8. Way up there in terms of being the best retail options broker in the biz . Consider the whole package in terms of comm, platform, analytics, live support, margin, and don't forget education/training thru their online seminars and chats.

9. tortoise

tortoise

When I was an ignorant newbie, I accidentally entered an inside-out spread on the qqqqs. I don't remember what the spread was -- it really doesn't matter -- but, the point is, I entered the opposite order of what I intended, the order was filled. Almost immediately, I realized what I had done, saw that I was in a guaranteed loser that would do nothing but leech c-notes with every passing second.

So what did I do? Being an ignorant newbie, I called the TOS trade desk, told them I'd made a mistake, and asked if their was anything they could do about it.

Ok, multiple choice time. The TOS broker...

a) Told me to be a man, close the spread and take my loss, and learn a lesson about double-checking orders.

b) Laughed in my face, then told me to be a man, close the spread and take my loss, and learn a lesson about double-checking orders.

c) Offered to call the floor and see if they could bust the trade.

The answer is "c". They called floor, busted the trade, and won a customer for life.

I love those folks.

#10     Feb 20, 2006