About the US System

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Sky123987, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Humpy

Humpy

I guess it gets easier with practice spending other peoples' money from taxation ! The pain of seeing others suffer soon ebbs away.
    Strange how costs and "must haves" go up in good times in direct proportion to what one has but not down again in bad times.

#21     Jul 12, 2009
  2. loza

loza Guest

I cannot help but put an other idea forth. We are still a superpower because other superpowers failed to emerge (all are too weak and fragmented). Simply put there in nobody to come and challenge the USA military (for sure) and even economically, at least in an overt way. (Just go an travel the world and you'll see. The USA is ONLY country where majority of the "poor" are obese and have color TV, DVD players and a CAR!)
    The transition from the British Empire to the USA was mainly smooth as both powers were allies and culturally shared history and language. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

But, seriously as the standards and economies (and currencies) are declining worldwide and there is no save heaven aside from little places like Norway or Switzerland, can we say with a straight face that it is all well, because it is shitty everywhere?

We could improve things here instantly by
    1) cutting military spending by half
    2) cutting corporate tax loopholes
    3) implementing flat tax and sales tax so everyone would have to pay something and would have a stake in the system, unlike as it is now....

#22     Jul 12, 2009
  3. You are thinking is too linear. You segment each occurrence as if they were all separate & isolated, rather than being sequential or continuum.

1. The cold war drain our Treasury. massive deficits resulted ultimately how much does society benefit from war & military hardware.

2. We are energy dependent & have made very little strides to develop mass transit or ween ourselves off of crude. Look what happened last year.

3. Some of our major industries are in decline or literally bankrupt, when once we were the absolute leaders. Where once we had a Protestant work ethic, we now see Unions negotiating for people to get 100% pay for not working. & prison guards & firemen get 90% retirement & 100% benefits after only 30 years on the job. Not surprisingly, the UAW, prison guards, etc are very active "politically," while the apolitical "common man may" never see a penny of SS benefits.

4. Where once we were in surplus, we are now hoplessly in deficit and debt.

I suggest you look at the themes & challenges, and problems & corruption that we face rather than names of other nations & people.

#23     Jul 12, 2009
  4. You're right, I line in Cali & don't want to pay higher taxes to support & educate a minimum wage worker's kids because he is Catholic & too stupid to use a condom! If you earn minimum wage, you have no business having 6 kids. No need to give me the "You benefit by a dime on each taco at Taco Bell."

#24     Jul 12, 2009
  5. Corporate welfare and tax loop holes are a result of the fact no one will admit a taxation mistake. When certain company actions grind to a halt as a result of a tax a "loop hole' is created, the tax is not rescinded.

#25     Jul 12, 2009
  6. that is the case, and that's how it should be, humans are truly cheap entities, their feelings and their thoughts really mean nothing, each person assumes he/she is special, but their assumption is as meaningless as themselves, the variation among humans is so insignificant it is not worth studying, all humans can be classified into one category, and a system can be built based on the classifications of this category

the good thing about the new world order is that it makes sure these entities are placed in the position they belong to, which is to serve and live under a system which serves nothing and no purpose on it's own

not only you are not different, but you can not try and act different, we will use all the similarities among you which are far more greater than your differences, to push for full human equality, your life will be predetermined, we will set your life all the way to it's end and you will only walk the path that is set for you, it really doesn't matter if you like it or not, it really doesn't matter if it makes you depressed or not, you will be given medications, and you will continue on the given path, you are not in the position to determine how your life should be, your life is determined by a system which makes sure you have the same life as everyone else, because that is what you all are, the same crap over and over centuries and millenniums

#26     Jul 12, 2009
  7. Humpy

Humpy

If the US feels short of cash - there are 52,000 US tax dodgers in UBS bank alone ! and they aren't Joe Sixpack and his left wing mates either

The other million or so have stashed their loot elsewhere

#27     Jul 13, 2009
  8. aegis

aegis

Your posts all have the same tone. I assume you're on medication yourself, or at least you should be as you clearly have some type of psychological disorder.

#28     Jul 13, 2009
  9. from a phycological point of view, everyone has some type of psychological disorder but let us assume I have a psychological disorder and you don't, and I am also on medication, how does that change the fact that no matter how hard humans try to be different and special, except for some insignificant differences, they are all the same shit, how is comparing humans not like comparing shit, they come in different sizes and colors but in the end shit is shit

#29     Jul 13, 2009