About Optionetics, Investools, Raghee Horner and Darlene Nelson

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by lpf1978hk, Mar 22, 2006.

1. lpf1978hk

lpf1978hk

Ah! I got your msg clearly. Thanks a lot for your advice!

#11     Mar 22, 2006
  2. EliteEd

EliteEd

I took the Optionetics course a couple of years ago. I then lost enough money to get my tuition back, via their money back guarantee. Like most of these seminar instruction courses, they get more money from you by constantly pushing other web services, newsletters and software in addition to the initial tuition cost.

Bottom line: They give very good instruction on options and how to use them. Unfortunately, they make it sound so easy that anyone can do it. After all, it only takes a couple hundred dollars to control a hundred shares of a stock! Trading is just not that simple.

What they don't tell you is that you need to know how to trade first. You need a thorough knowledge of technical analysis, an understanding of the markets and how trading really works. You also need to know that once you enter the option market you are swimming with sharks who have a huge advantage over the average web trader. That can be said for other markets as well.

In trading, you can not purchase a system that tells you to buy when the lights turn green and sell when they turn red. You will eventually lose your money. You can make money in options, but you have to pay your dues. Learn to trade first, then look at options.

#12     Mar 22, 2006
  3. LOL........well put Johnny. If this chick was makinga killing in the options market as she claims she would be too busy making money there instead of trying to sell her get rich program.
    Like optioncoach said earlier, a person is better off reading Natenburg, Cottle or Macmillian. Gotta earn your strips in trading.

#13     Mar 22, 2006
  4. lpf1978hk

lpf1978hk

Thank you all of you. I just join this forum for the first time and hope that I can learn more and more from you all. Thank you once again!!:p

#14     Mar 23, 2006
  5. uswolfus

uswolfus

One thing you could do is to sign up with thinkorswim. They are a good options brokerage with a very nice platform. You can trial it for free. They have some free seminars given around the country - see optionplanet.com. I just got back from one of these and frankly there was better content in their seminar than in courses I have paid thousands for.

#15     Mar 23, 2006
  6. freely

freely

Looking for Rahee Horner's Traders Package, Does anyone know where to get the used Rahee Horner's Traders Package? New one out of my budget. i have previous bought the Chris Lori Protrader Advanced Forex 12cds from Forexmentor. It is q quite interesting forex course. i have study andy X Insider signal forex but i felt that the teaching is too general.

i have bought several trading coourse during my trading knowledge. Optionetics 2006, Darlene Nelson Lifestyle trading withs LEAPS 2005 , Darlene nelson's trading the Q's, Darlene Nelson 's 40cents to financial Freedom, Markay Latimer's trend trading, Markay Latimer's technically speaking, ryan Litchfield's traders forge

sorry for asking these silly questions, i just a forex newbie, i don't want to lose the money unnecessary.
    Thanks

#16     Feb 5, 2007
  7. #17     Feb 5, 2007
  8. virgin

virgin

Quote from Johnny Walker:

Do you really think any of that shit is going to turn you into a great trader and make you any money?

Quote from Darlene Nelson's page
    "This is the live recording session of Darlene Nelson's Amazing "40 cents to Financial Freedom" seminar on DVD or Video. This incredible program will teach you how to easily command a hefty six-figure income by consistently taking small windfall profits each and every day. Profits you can use to generate huge cash flow for bigger trades and bigger profits. See how Darlene has taken a modest $6,000 to $170,000 in only 14 weeks!"

If any of those vendors new how to make money they would be trading their systems themselves. George Soros probably the greatest hedge fund manager ever only made 27% compounded annually over a 25 year period. So now this stupid bitch is telling you you are going to pull a six figure income off 6,000 dollars, wow if she could do that consistently she should be on the billionaire list next to Soros and Buffet. If you just want basic information in how derivatives and stocks work just go to borders, they have 100s of books. If you insist on buying vendor garbage with no proven track history then buy there DVD's second hand off eBay.

Well said Johnny ! :D

#18     Feb 5, 2007
  9. bxroma

bxroma

I'm part of an Investools program. Signed up a little less than two months ago...

Depends on your learning style. I learn best watching others do and then modeling them. Investools uses web seminars ("Trading Rooms" and "Investor Talks") to complement online learning and the live workshops. Instructors walk you through trades and through the course concepts.

They offer discounted packages that come with coaching, but you can purchase each feature independently. Very satisfied. I don't think I would have been able to pick up as much as I have had I done it on my own (and through reading only).

Hope this helps. Feel free to send me a private message if you have specific questions.

#19     Feb 6, 2007