About MetaTrader 4 !!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by HATEtheRisk, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Ahh.. my mind is wrapped in the linux world when it comes to programming and software development. In a lot of cases, it's handled by a new group of libraries and a kernel that can manage both.. sometimes that means extra bloat on the process side, but the performance hit (usually, can't speak for all *nix) is never as deep as 50% like that example posted above.

I knew Microsoft did a bit of a filesystem dance when it came to managing the x86 vs x86_64 system and programs differences, but I didn't did much further than that. Reading into it now, they handle it in a way that makes sense from a compatibility point of view but does it ever create extra overhead that hits performance.

Yup.. this would make me want 64bit apps when you include the scope of the OS causing congestion as it deals with 32bit processes.

#31     Jun 29, 2012
  2. funnyguy

funnyguy

Spunky and me have pointed out one reason.

Thanks for proving that you don't know what's going on.

Wrong. The developer's app is fastest of known vendors on any Windows OS no matter what hardware is used.

#32     Jun 29, 2012
  3. I was referring to hardware architecture emulation, you know..32bit vs 64bit hardware differences, not a software based OS layer that's in place for compatibility.

Difference in terminology.

In any case, we can keep going back and forth like this if you'd like, I'd just rather be constructive about it.

#33     Jun 29, 2012
  4. Hey guys,

and i thought i have problems.:p

I dont even know what 64 and 32 bits system is.

I mean i just have a computer and some charting software, dont need more and dont want more.

You are really nerds.

Thats cool.

Keep it up.
    :p

Blob........blob...............blob...........

#34     Jul 7, 2012