About Journals

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dbphoenix, Dec 23, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The blurb provided for the Journals forum says that it is "the place for keeping a daily journal of wins, losses, and anything else related to your quest of becoming a better trader".

I'm puzzled as to how to reconcile this with attempts to promote services. Even though the service may be free, how does maintaining a journal for the sole purpose of promoting the service relate to one's "quest" to become a "better trader"?

2. buster

buster

hey what do u know, dbphoenix is complaining.

3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No, just seeking clarification.

4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

db.....I agree. Self promotion and self praise is dubious at best. A lot of people seem to fantasize that they are great teachers or great traders and can impart this knowledge to others. What a load of bullshit.

But....I have found complaining on ET is like shoveling shit against the tide....it is a lot of work and it sure as hell will get you nowhere. Relax. Have a beer. :)

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Again, not complaining. If journals can be used to solicit subscribers, that's good to know.

6. More pt pigeon talk.

You know journals cannot be used to solicit subscribers, as per TOS. It's just more pigeon talk.

But since you ARE complaining about un-even enforcement of TOS once again, where were you when mr. market was pimping his website on every other post?

It's the holidays, and poor ole pt pigeon can't stop whining about rules on a website that isn't his. Hey pigeon: get your own website, make your own rules! Now that's something radical.

7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Sorry db, I misread that. My bad.

Hmm....are you thinking of starting a trading service too? When I started I had dreams of this killer website that I would make millions off of. Sigh.
    Then I saw how many of these things there are. My goodness, none of them could possibly make money. So now I just give it away for free.:)

8. You give "it" away for free? I bet there are still no takers.

9. HAHA! Might even be funny if not coming from a certified welcher :p

10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yea, he is pissed because his mother charges him for sex....and extra because he is ugly.

#10     Dec 24, 2003