About ES Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by Brazilian Trader, Sep 3, 2018.

1. can i ask the execution of a ES option before the due date? can I buy only one option?

2. treeman

treeman

Sweet jesus. Dude’s answer couldn’t be more misinformative. He left out the sentence preceding his quote. “Don't confuse SPX options with E-mini S&P 500 futures options”

Either he’s fucking with you or he’s an idiot. Either way his response is the opposite of what you’re seeking. No, it’s European style and it can’t be executed before expiri. And yes, you can only buy 1.

Jesus.

3. sle

sle

CME Observer likes this.
  4. treeman

treeman

Mea culpa

sle likes this.
  5. raf_bcn

raf_bcn

Hi

Some ES options are american and other european style options.

As a complement to American-style quarterly options on standard and E-mini S&P 500 futures, EOM options and weekly options – with Monday, Wednesday and Friday expirations – are European-style contracts that offer expanded date flexibility for trading the benchmark S&P 500 Index.

thanks

treeman and tommcginnis like this.
  6. sle

sle

I have not looked at these at all (TBH, even ES futures are kind of a novelty considering the liquidity in the index options). What do you think is the outstanding vega in ES weekly options?

PS. Just looked it up, not stellar :) but I guess that's another arrow in the quiver