about ecn fees

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by masterwoo, Nov 4, 2011.

1. I wonder if I use different platform such as lightspeed and laser from different prop firm, should I get the same ecn fee?

Currently, I am using laser and the ecn fee is 0.0029 per share, if using limit order to adding liquidity, I get rebate.

But I mainly dont like to use limit order, is there any place I can get lower ecn fee?

Are all the ecn fee the same?

Thanks for any input

2. It's different for each exchange.

3. Yeah, I know, I mean generally the ecn fees level, for example I am paying 2.9 per 1000 share of my ecn fees everyday, I use bats, arca most time....

I just wonder how much ecn fee you pay everyday of your trading generally, beside your prop firm commission.

4. ASE1245

ASE1245

You need to have access to a smart route that has either a managed route or dark pool route in the mix, where they don't charge you a fee if that's where it's executed. (a managed route sends your order to a market maker that pays for order flow)

Bob

5. hitnrun

hitnrun

call your firm & ask them for advice on what routes you have available that would reduce your cost for execution

learn what routes you have & there cost / is what you should do

there are many routes & different fees & rebates that apply

6. What kind of fees do you get for removing liquidity from BX & EDGA?

7. Occam

Occam

Go to the respective Web sites of the exchanges -- these fees/rebates change frequently. Any info posted here may be out of date before it's even posted.

8. I know what the exchanges charge (or rebate)
    my question is more on the line of whether getting a remove rebate is an option for the guy who opened the thread... :) :D