About EBS

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Gerald22, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Gerald22

Gerald22

Hello.
    I want start trade via EBS but I am not sure can individual traders or only for institutional. If somebody know, please help me, where the best conditions to open account? I want invest 500.000$- 1mil. Thanks

2. cstfx

cstfx

Second that. Also with vCap, you have the ability to trade different platforms simultaneously, i.e. open a trade on EBS, close it on, say, FxAll.

3. siki13

siki13

What was up with these spreads
    http://www.vcapfutures.com/forex-trading/images/ebs-screen.gif
    i mention on another thread?
    Anyone find out?

4. The spreads pic is out of date. Keep in mind that EBS is an institutional/bank platform and the fees range from $5k/month to $20k/month (this was quoted to me by vcap). The platform can also take months to get access to once the process begins. It's really only intended if you're trading VERY large size.

I would check out the HotSpot FXi platform. No platform fees and spreads in the sub-pip range in both the majors and crosses.

5. cstfx

cstfx

Keep in mind tho that while HotSpotFXi is a great platform, you can't open an account directly with them for less than a few mil. There are other players that will offer the platform w/o the large cap contribution. Also, if you are going on to the institutional platforms, your buying power/leverage will be considerably less than what you are used to trading on retail, somewhere on the level of 10:1.

6. Gerald22

Gerald22

It is great, when you can trade on different platforms. For me interesting via what bank I will trade with vCap ebs? How I understand only banks can trade on ebs.And what the different Ebs prime and spot?

7. siki13

siki13

Few mil minimum account,$5k/$20k monthly fee, 10:1 leverage ,great!
    Can someone please remind me why some of us still stuck on retail are looking on institutional platform and prime
    brokerage as light at the end of the tunnel.

8. Gerald22

Gerald22

10-1 it is not good, 1-33 is ok. I am scalper and for me ebs is " light at the end of the tunnel", I am not sure for 100% but if in ebs biggest liquidity, I think, I can trade very good for my account.
    And who working on hotspot fxi, is this platform better than currenex?

9. cstfx

cstfx

EBS is the largest liquidity platform out there used by traders in over 40 countries. Liquidity is around 150B a day. It is hands down the one that banks use.

http://www.icap.com/markets/foreign-exchange/icap-fx-spot.html

As to why anyone would want to use institutional, I want to trade 5-10MM bcu w/o slippage or a need to break up the trade as would be required on retail ECN platforms. With 0 to 1 pip spreads on all the majors, even cable, those pips add up especially when doing volume.

Also, another thing to consider, unless you plan on doing volume, to the tune of couple hundred mil to a few bil a month, institutional platform does not want you. If your trading is less than 100MM a month, you are better served using retail ECNs.

#10     Aug 6, 2007