About CQG Spreader.

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by kanellop, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Eddilson

Eddilson

Hi George I know a fair amount of people who use it and are quite satisfied. They sread us vs us and US vs. EUREX and LIFFE as well as EUREX vs. LIFFE

#11     Jul 21, 2010
  2. Hi Bone,

Since TT allows connections to Excel by links...

Question... :)

Could you not have implied spread formulas running in Excel matching what you had running/trading in your TT AutoSp and when in Excel (running a value testing timer in VB) they hit a certain loss (or profit) value then Excel sends a command to TT AutoSp to exit the spread trade... and you are out of that spread trade...

would that not be possible and help as a solution ?? ... :)

edge...

#12     Jul 24, 2010
  3. for the amount that program costs per month would be nice to just have it do it and not have to program stuff...

#13     Jul 24, 2010
  4. bone

bone

The TT AutoTrader is the app. that uses Excel links, actually those orders are only market orders - it cannot use limit orders or conditional orders, and it cannot send orders to the AutoSpreader app..

The client I have with the CQG Spreader is trying some very complex relative value trading strategies with it - it has crashed a few times on him but I think he's asking a bit much of it.

#14     Jul 24, 2010
  5. yshterk

yshterk

CQG Spreader supports Stop and Stop Limit orders on the spreads (and remember, it is server based, so your stop will be executed when the market conditions are right without exchange to user latency). It also supports strategies that allow you to create your indicators or trade systems in CQG and then get your orders to follow these indicators or trade system signals.
    When it comes to historical data CQG now has 6+ months of proper Spread (Bid to Ask) data to be used in backtesting.

#15     Aug 1, 2010
  6. Thanks Yshterk...For the excellant info... When using CQG spreader what clearing options do i have... Can i trade through Global Futures or Velocity or ?... with their commission structures or?

thanks... edge... :)

#16     Aug 1, 2010
  7. yshterk

yshterk

Sure, you can trade through any of the FCMs that are offerring CQG trade routing. I know for a fact Velocity is one of them, not sure about Global. Will be worth it to call them to find out. All other FCM partners of CQG are here:
    http://cqg.com/Electronic-Trading/Trade-with-FCM-Partners.aspx
    BTW, CQG offers spreading on all major futures exchanges around the globe. Including Eurex, Liffe, SGX, LME, SFE, etc. All in a single package.

#17     Aug 1, 2010
  8. So CQG and TT are the only products out there like this? Anyone using anything else?

#18     Aug 3, 2010
  9. I have heard of a product name Ecco Spreader... and one other one... there is only about 4...

#19     Aug 3, 2010
  10. curtains

curtains

#20     Aug 4, 2010