About 40% of US adults are obese, government survey finds

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Feb 27, 2020.

1. That's is a f'n low resting HR. Mine runs 50-52 or so most days. Well done

#21     Feb 27, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  2. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Stairs with weight, I climb 27 floors at 4.45 am every morning before work (5 days) with a 50 pound suitcase (literally, very real-world) as fast as I can. I don't need a lot more that that.

Edit: Well the new forge, that takes a lot of me for a few hours, three days.

#22     Feb 27, 2020
  3. Cook your own food.

#23     May 22, 2020
    virtusa likes this.
  4. Most fat people are definitely Democratic voters. They can not afford good food to eat that doesn't cause then to gain weight. This is one reason they hate the Republicans. :(

#24     May 22, 2020
  5. Dr. Atkins had cardiomyopathy, a heart muscle disease that was probably caused by a virus, not by what he ate.

#25     May 22, 2020
  6. Looks like too much protein on your plate. Potato salad should not be sneaked onto a plate of food. This can lead to obesity. :p

#26     May 22, 2020
  7. Sounds like whitewashing to me, and trying to keep a brand alive. Maybe that's why his widow didn't want an autopsy performed. Here, try this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/11/...-keeps-the-issue-alive.html?auth=login-google

...The latest twist is the publication in The Wall Street Journal on Tuesday of details from Dr. Atkins's confidential medical report. The report concludes that Dr. Atkins, 72, had a history of heart attack and congestive heart failure...

...The report, based on an external examination of the body and some hospital information, said Dr. Atkins had a history of heart attack, congestive heart failure and hypertension. His wife objected to an autopsy, Ms. Borakove said, so none was performed...

...Dr. John McDougall, a member of the Physicians Committee and an internist who had debated Dr. Atkins, said there was no doubt that Dr. Atkins had lost weight after his cardiac arrest, but before that was a different story. ''I knew the man,'' he said. ''He was grossly overweight. I thought he was 40 to 60 pounds overweight when I saw him, and I'm being kind.''

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    #27     May 22, 2020
  8. Nice try. Here, try this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4692249/

Our results suggest that county-level obesity risk may be positively associated with established, county-level, voter preferences for Republican candidates who are more likely to emphasize a personal responsibility approach to reducing obesity risk than their Democrat counterparts, and who may downplay the role that government policies could play, despite the scientific consensus that a multi-sectoral approach is effective (U.S. Department of Agriculture, USDA, 2010). Conversely, county-level obesity risk may be negatively associated with stable, county-level, voter preferences for Democratic candidates whose political philosophy are likely to support multi-sectoral approaches to reducing obesity risk similar to those recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control, CDC, 2009).

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    #28     May 22, 2020
  9. easymon1

easymon1

#29     Apr 19, 2021