About 40% of US adults are obese, government survey finds

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Just remember that Atkins died of heart disease:

#11     Feb 27, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.

2. I have read that overweight and fat does contribute more to less T..... why fat older men are so jolly and easy going......fat turned them into pussies :)

#12     Feb 27, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  3. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

I'm hitting the scalps with 10s and 20s like never before, all day every day.

upload_2020-2-27_12-2-33.png

I'll buy a Yamaha. :)

#13     Feb 27, 2020
  4. Just don't opt for the economy model that starts up with a pull cord.

#14     Feb 27, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  5. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Lunch today,

Sneaking in a bit of potato salad top left :) EFFECTS.jpg

Obviously there are still behavioral issues like I'm one of those jerks that photographs their food now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    #15     Feb 27, 2020
  6. Some day I hope to have enough testosterone (and capital) to trade 20 contracts at a pop. Do you think it might be a carb thing? :D

#16     Feb 27, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  7. I think restaurants should have a special section for people like you. :D

P.S. What's in that little bowl? (I'm guessing that's where the unnecessary calories are hiding.)

#17     Feb 27, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  8. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Yeah.. pretty awful.

[​IMG]

I just had a couple of teaspoons of that, the usual salad dressing though olive oil so allowed.

#18     Feb 27, 2020
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  9. Americans are fat AF, but the parameters the medical community uses to determine obesity are bullshit. I'm 6'4", 6' 5" on a good day, currently weigh 223lbs and am considered overweight. Nonsense.

#19     Feb 27, 2020
  10. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Only a tiny bit, that is only just into overweight. But you are right, BMI does not work for many body shapes, I'm 6' 6" again lately (lost a bit with scoliosis but straighter now) and at 290 I'm a lot of muscle and very little fat, around 12%. BMI has me at obese.

My resting heart rate is now 42.

That said, Americans are the heaving trough hogs of the world and it is hard to have sympathy for this self-abuse.

#20     Feb 27, 2020
    CaptainObvious likes this.