Abortion is a Human Right!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, Dec 26, 2007.

1. PLATER

PLATER

lol.

In case anyone did miss it...

I aint religious.

Now whats a bone headed coward got to do with an honest opinion?

#51     Jan 3, 2008
  2. yeah sure don't we all "know quite a few"... just read the newspapers, huddle together with a bunch of like-minded blokes from the local parish... and then your perfectly equiped to cast an informed vote on any subject, right?...

why don't you expand a bit on what you term "the crime" by the way?

#52     Jan 3, 2008
  3. Am I speaking Swahili moron? Can't spell it out any simpler than that

#53     Jan 3, 2008
  4. jem

jem

If you take religion, morals and speculation out of it. What you have left is the question of when life deserves protection by society.

Given the above, I see no reasonable alternative but to allow for the will of the majority to decide.

And if you don't want men to decide let women vote.

To me it is an abomination to have social programs the pay for the destruction of life without a majority vote.

You can argue that that a woman should have a "right" to choose to kill the babies in their womb. But to what law do you make your appeal. Are you appealing to the laws of man? The inalienable rights bestowed by the Creator. International law?

Where can one find the right to kill unborn babies?

#54     Jan 3, 2008
  5. PLATER

PLATER

I will respond to all your thoughts and well put questions later.

I'm very busy at the moment.:D

#55     Jan 3, 2008
  6. there are no such things as "unborn babies". there are babies like my happy 10-week old son, and there are evolving organisms inside the body of a woman, usually one but sometimes 2 or 3 etc.

in such cases the only person to speak of is that very woman, and the rights to consider are her rights and nothing else. lets leave any fictional creator out of this...

case closed.

#56     Jan 3, 2008

7. Where your concerned, rather a lot.

#57     Jan 3, 2008
    #58     Jan 3, 2008
  9. A clearcut case of your unsubstantiated opinion. Abortion makes a living, human, heart stop beating. The reality is, that research has shown that over 95% of the abortions are just a form of birth control, not "mother's life in danger" or "rape victims."

Knuckleheads who struggle to understand why others have a problem with it never do anything other than point to mostly irrelevant & unsubstantiated opinions. I would like to see you address what I said in the previous post, rather than tiptoe around it. It frames the problem quite well.

I have a bio degree. Gametes are uncombined sex cells. Fertilized cells are living organisms. Your BS aside.

#59     Jan 3, 2008
  10. ok i'll oblige...

i'll apply 2 straightforward standards:
    a. what happens inside a woman's body is her sole & only responsibility regardless of age.

b. any aggression against a pregnant women with intent to harm the fetus against her will is a severe crime, falls under extreme cruelty. in particular any physical aggression against a child-bearing girl by a parent for any reason whatsoever is a severe crime

1. irrelevant. if you mean "murder" then you've got your answer. if you mean "divorce" then it don't see the problem... if it was an attempt at humor, try not to waste people's time...

2. clearcut murder

3. there is no baby there. just a developing organism inside one and only one sovereign human person. apply standards a. & b.

4. apply a. before birth (show me instances of mothers aborting 5 minutes "before birth" please...). after birth, its murder. why this "arbirtrary" line? because free speech aside, no one should be allowed to "arbitrarily" legiferate nor issue fatwas nor any manner of religious "opinions" over what happens INSIDE someone's else body againt that person's will, moron!

5. attempting to protect somebody else's life doesn't qualify as self-defense... in your latter case, there are only 2 persons involved, its pretty clear who the aggressor is

if you'd like to change that into: "or if her mother went after the girl's 5-minute-before-birth fetus with a coat hangar?", b. would apply

and thks i know what gametes are, i could've used fertilized eggs as an example just the same... a girl/woman who ends up pregnant without intent of doing so has every right to resort to any measures she sees fit to abort the unwanted pregnancy

Note: with proper parenting, proper sex education and encouraged use of the pill, you'll most likely stay out of trouble. A girl/woman who's had to have an abortion once is unlikely to want to have to do it again when alternative and less brutal contraceptive means are available...

Note 2: one can have a bio degree and still be a bigot...

#60     Jan 3, 2008