Abortion is a Human Right!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Very easy nutmeg!! the 16 years old girl will end up being stuck with a child that will end any progress potential in her life while the 21 year old "boyfriend" will turn his back to her to catch up to the next naive 16 years old girl who will more deformed genes.

#21     Jan 2, 2008
  2. (Sigh) You cannot stop this from repeating over and over. I know of no way to prevent this from happening.

#22     Jan 2, 2008
  3. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

stupid subject, ... unwinable... even if ones resorts to throwing "bigot" accusations around. matter of fact, nearly as many women are against abortion as men. Are they too Bigots?

Question. Should A Woman Be Allowed To Abort Her Baby Right Before she gives birth? How about a day before, or two days... just when EXACTLY does it become murder? How extreme are you?

What should the penalty be for a person intentionally kicking a pregnant women and causing an abortion? Battery? Murder?

etc, etc, etc, etc ....

The problem with your side is... your only argument is ..... "BIGOTS!!!!"

#23     Jan 2, 2008
  4. I once took a friend of mine to an abortion clinic. I don’t know how many of you have seen these places, but the one I was at was boarded up and had protestors outside, giving out brochures and chanting “you have other choices, don’t kill an innocent child”. Surely, no one wants to hear that going into a clinic set to have an abortion. Anyway, when my friend was called into the back, I couldn’t stand sitting in the depressing, dark, and dirty feeling room, surrounded by girls who were 12 to women in their 40s, nervous, anxious and confused. I went outside. Naturally, the protesters began hassling me with their ritual defenses and overbearing speeches. It’s hard for me not to get aggressive or rude when people force their beliefs onto others, but tried to refrain. I began talking to them, which quickly elevated to an argument and eventually ended in fumes. However, these women were advertising having the baby and putting it up for adoption, which at first sounds like an ok alternative, but who is going to adopt the baby? My main argument to them was that if they are so concerned about “the child” why haven’t they adopted the many kids who are put up for adoption? Why spend 8 hours a day protesting outside when you could be adopting, placing or helping children.

Secondly, I’ve noticed that a lot of pro-life men and women talk a big game, but when their 14 year old daughter comes home pregnant with twins, I don’t think they will be preaching the same morals. Who wants their teenage daughter not going to college so she can become a mommy 2 years after she began storing her Barbie dolls in the attic?

Anyway, I personally don’t care how anyone feels about the matter. I don’t think it should matter. I think the option should be there and people can decide individually. If you don’t like the idea, don’t have an abortion, don’t let your daughter have an abortion and live happily with your decisions. If you are pro choice, make your choice and be satisfied with it. I don’t feel that either party should force their views on anyone else and both should be confident in their own lifestyle not to have to. I think its terrible how run down, dirty, and gloomy abortion clinics are and how little has been done to fix it. Why waste your time convincing others of what you think is correct? If you really care about the children, go right ahead and adopt and help them. But why take rights away from people and force your own views onto anyone else?

No sense in calling people bigots, etc. Just stick to your own beliefs and live them out, because I’m pretty certain that the majority of you pro-life folks would be taking your young daughters and/or your one night stands to these filthy clinics when she tells you she’s pregnant.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vCZ1YteCv5M&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vCZ1YteCv5M&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#24     Jan 2, 2008
  5. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

My mistake there is also this argument. "Everone Is Doing It" rather "Everyone Would Do It!"

rest assured, it is never going away ... this country will be blending babies far into the future. It's not like we are becoming more ethical or moral.

#25     Jan 2, 2008
  6. annaland,

Good post.

#26     Jan 2, 2008
  7. I'm not taking sides on this issue, mainly because I believe the issue to be poorly framed.
    But I do have a couple of questions to those belonging to both sides.

1.In the event of an unwanted pregnancy ( unwanted from the girls position). What if the sperm doner wants the potential baby? And is willing to absorb all cost associated with it. edit; ( as far as potential rights)
    2.Depending on how 1 is answered, if the sperm doner wishes for an abortion, but the egg carrier wishes to carry to term and raise the resulting baby, should the sperm doner be made to pay child support?

#27     Jan 2, 2008
  8. 2 things:

1. I made a mistake in the line you quoted and meant pro-life not pro-choice. I changed it in the original, but just clarifying.

2. How many unloved children have you adopted?

#28     Jan 2, 2008
  9. well, the option to abort freely of her own will should SHE decide to, seems to me, can make a big difference here, no matter what SHE eventually chooses to do...

#29     Jan 2, 2008
  10. I think both 1 and 2 are case specific and will vary. I don't think there is a concrete answer for either and it's up to the couple; hopefully they can come to agreeable terms.
    My main argument is that the option should exist, whether it be exercised is an individual decision, which can be based on morals, religion, inny minnie mino mo, or whatever else.

#30     Jan 2, 2008