Abortion and the Republicans debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bungrider I do not support capital punishment. Can we stick to the topic of the thread please or start another one. Thanks.

#41     Sep 14, 2003
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

And your plan is what, to let them out? LOL. Save your liberal rhetoric. I'm tired of your everybody derserves at least 20 chances policy.

#42     Sep 14, 2003
  3. Not to be funny, but is there a return policy on adopted kids? If a child is "advertised" as normal but turns crazy when you get it home, can one take it back or exchange it for another ?

#43     Sep 14, 2003
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

These people have said it better then me so I'll defer to their words of wisdom.

I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born. ~Ronald Reagan, quoted in New York Times, 22 September 1980

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive. ~Author Unknown

With humans it's abortion, but with chickens it's an omelet. ~Author Unknown

"America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has sown violence and discord at the heart of the most intimate human relationships. It has aggravated the derogation of the father's role in an increasingly fatherless society. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts -- a child -- as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience. It has nominally accorded mothers unfettered dominion over the independent lives of their physically dependent sons and daughters. And, in granting this unconscionable power, it has exposed many women to unjust and selfish demands from their husbands or other sexual partners. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign." (Mother Theresa -- "Notable and Quotable," Wall Street Journal, 2/25/94, p. A14)

"By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems.....I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love, and we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts.....From here, a sign of care for the weakest of the weak--the unborn child--must go out into the world. If you become a burning light of justice and peace in the world, then really you will be true to what the founders of this country stood for."

"There are two victims in every abortion--a dead baby and a dead conscience."

"Once you permit the killing of the unborn child...you are setting off a chain reaction that will eventually make you the victim." - Dr. R.A. Gallop, Univ. Of Montana

"Roe vs. Wade was a declaration of war on defensless baby boys and girls in the womb whose only 'crime' is that they exist." - Dr. Wanda Franz, NRLC President

In letters to a constituent, Al Gore wrote, "It is my deep personal conviction that abortion is wrong. I hope that some day we will see the current outrageously large number of abortions drop sharply." --Letters from Sept. 15, 1983, Aug. 22, 1984

#44     Sep 14, 2003
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Alright all you liberals, gather around the campfire and tell me how you feel about your left wing friends now.

Flip-Flopping..Look what these presently "pro-choice" politicians said previously about abortion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AL GORE
    Gore used to be pro-life, until he decided it wasn't to his benefit politically.
    I now have copies of Al Gore's voting record on abortion, his letters to constituents, and other documents. (everything quoted below and more) If anyone wants copies. Please stop back in the next few days to see a complete list of Gore's abortion flip-flop record.

* In 1980, Gore wrote a letter to NATIONAL RIGHT TO LIFE, supporting the Hyde Amendment.

* On June 26, 1984, Representative Al Gore cast an extremely pro-life vote. While debating the Civil Rights Act of 1984, Representative Siljander proposed the following amendment.

"For the purposes of this act, the term 'person' shall include unborn children from the moment of conception."
    After debate, Mr. Siljander demanded a recorded vote. The amendment was defeated 219 to 186. Among the recorded votes for the amendment was that of Al Gore. This amendment was in direct opposition to Roe v Wade, not just one against federal funding for abortions. In addition, he denied even casting that vote on Meet the Press on Feb. 21, 1988, and a Gore advisor stated to U.S. News and World Report on March 7, 1998, that: "Since there's a record of that vote, we only have one choice. In effect, what we have to do is deny, deny, deny."

* In Iowa and New Hampshire, questions at Gore's open meetings focused on health care and education. In Los Angeles, they ran the gamut from welfare reform to the environment, as well as a number of questions about Gore's commitment to individual rights, such as gay rights, rights of the disabled and civil rights. Abortion continued to be an issue for Gore, who was asked by reporters in Venice about comments he made during his 1976 congressional race suggesting that a woman's "freedom to live her own life" does not always outweigh the rights of a fetus.
    Source: "Democrats Take Race to West Coast In Costly California, Key Goal Is 'Free Media'"
    By William Booth and Lois Romano Washington Post Staff Writers
    Friday, February 4, 2000; Page A06 (this is one document I do not have a copy of)

* During his tenure in the U.S. House (1977 to 1984) Gore voted pro-life 27 times and had a 84% pro-life voting record.

* In letters to a constituents, he wrote: "It is my deep personal conviction that abortion is wrong. I hope that some day we will see the current outrageously large number of abortions drop sharply." (Letters from Sept. 15, 1983, August 22, 1984, )

* In a May 26, 1987 letter to a constituent he wrote: "During my 11 years in congress, I have consistently opposed federal funding for abortions. In my opinion, it is wrong to spend federal funds for what is arguably taking of a human life. Let me assure you that I share your belief that innocent human life must be protected, and I am committed to furthering this goal."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rep. Richard Gephardt (D-Mo.)
    "Life is the division of human cells, a process that begins with conception.... The [Supreme Court's abortion] ruling was unjust, and it is incumbent on the Congress to correct the injustice." Mr. Gephardt wrote in 1984, "I have always been supportive of pro-life legislation. I intend to remain steadfast on this issue.... I believe that the life of the unborn should be protected at all costs."
    In 1987, however, Mr. Gephardt decided to run for president, and he soon announced that he had discontinued his support for pro-life legislation. Specifically, he informed the National Right to Life Committee, "I do not support any Constitutional Amendment pertaining to the legality of abortion."

Sen. Edward Kennedy, [D-Mass.], in a letter to a constituent, August 3, 1971
    "While the deep concern of a woman bearing an unwanted child merits consideration and sympathy, it is my personal feeling that the legalization of abortion on demand is not in accordance with the value which our civilization places on human life. Wanted or unwanted, I believe that human life, even at its earliest stages, has certain rights which must be recognized -- the right to be born, the right to love, the right to grown old.
    "I share the confidence of those who feel that America is working to care for its unwanted as well as wanted children, protecting particularly those who cannot protect themselves. I also share the opinions of those who do not accept abortion as a response to our society's problems -- an inadequate welfare system, unsatisfactory job training programs, and insufficient financial support for all its citizens.

"When history looks back to this era it should recognize this generation as one which cared about human beings enough to halt the practice of war, to provide a decent living for every family and to fulfill its responsibility to its children from the very moment of conception."

Bill Clinton, in a letter to Arkansas Right to Life, September 26, 1986
    "I am opposed to abortion and to government funding of abortions. We should not spend state funds on abortions because so many people believe abortion is wrong."
    Reverend Jesse Jackson - he endorsed the Hyde Amendment in an open letter to Congress that opposed federal funds used for "killing infants." Mr. Jackson wrote the following statements in a 1977 National Right to Life News article
    "There are those who argue that the right to privacy is of [a] higher order than the right to life ... that was the premise of slavery. You could not protest the existence or treatment of slaves on the plantation because that was private and therefore outside your right to be concerned.
    "What happens to the mind of a person, and the moral fabric of a nation, that accepts the aborting of the life of a baby without a pang of conscience? What kind of a person and what kind of a society will we have 20 years hence if life can be taken so casually? It is that question, the question of our attitude, our value system, and our mind-set with regard to the nature and worth of life itself that is the central question confronting mankind. Failure to answer that question affirmatively may leave us with a hell right here on earth."

F*cking liberal hypocrites. Every last one of them.

#45     Sep 14, 2003
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Planned Parenthood - in Their Own Words
    "One sperm plus one egg = one baby."

-- Planned Parenthood/World Population pamphlet entitled
    "ABCs of Birth Control," 1973, page 4.
    "An abortion kills the life of a baby after it has begun. It is dangerous to your life and health."

-- Planned Parenthood 'Plan Your Children' pamphlet,
    "Abortion is the taking of a life."

-- Former Planned Parenthood Medical Director
    Mary Calderone, who is pro-choice [American
    Journal of Public Health]

#46     Sep 14, 2003
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

8. Nearly half of those 2 million are POLITICAL PRISONERS, AKA Drug Dealers. Prison should be a place for CRIMINALS, not merchants providing a needed & valuable product. Fuck yeah, let 'em out.

Maybe with all those new prison beds opened up, the Justice department can finally put Ken Lay and his merry band of theives behind bars.

#48     Sep 15, 2003
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sorry bud. Legalize all drugs and we'll let them out. If not, if your proposing that we let out convicted criminals regardless of the crime then you have essentially given sufficient reason to not put Lay and Skilling behind bars. I have no problem with not convicting drug dealers, just change the laws then. I'm sure there are just as many people in this country who think the opposite of you if the shoe were on the other foot. Why are all these corp crook in jail. They didn't hurt anybody, they are just greedy a**holes. But that damm drug dealer killed my kid. See, often the argument goes both ways. Doesn't work.

#49     Sep 15, 2003
  10. Well, you're certainly in good company amongst your fellow hypocrites, eh?

Now who's the hypocrite??? :eek:

Flip-flop!

(or maybe I should say "Flip-f*ck" :D )

But Don't Worry!!! I'll still be out there doing whatever I can to preserve YOUR freedoms, even though right now you may not think you really want them. I know you do flip-flop from time to time, and who knows how you may feel about it in a couple more years...so just in case you decide to flip-flop again, I'll be THERE...

...keeping it SAFE!

I preserve YOUR FREEDOMS because I think that YOU are an ADULT, and you, and ONLY YOU, should choose what you believe to be morally RIGHT or WRONG.

I do NOT believe that government has ANY right to decide this for you, just like I don't believe that government should be able to tell you to go to church, temple, or mosque.

F*ck the government!

#50     Sep 15, 2003