Abortion and the Republicans debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey bobcathy, don't worry, I am pro-choice too. I completely believe in a woman's right to choose whether or not she wants to have sex and who she wants to have it with. That choice is yours completely. Now if that action should allow you to become pregnant. I think your next choice should be how good of a mother you will become. Not how fast can I kill this child. You already made the choice, don't you get that. Are you saying that you didn't make the choice? Oh, so wait, you want two choices now. Well why don't we give everyone in our society two choices then. Hey we have to be equal right. All the thieves, murders, rapists, corp scandals, we'll give them two choices as well, the first choice whether or not they want to commit the crime and then what they should do afterward. Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense. You be responsible for your actions and I will be responsible for mine. Unless your saying that women can't be responsible and I don't believe that. I've met too many responsible women.

#11     Sep 14, 2003
  2. Hey man,

Nobody wants to have an abortion. Period.

Education in schools needs to get better. People are going to have sex no matter what, and it is best to be up front with the youngsters and make birth control readily available to everyone, no questions asked.

Nobody wants to think about their 15 year old daughters doin' it and doin' it and doin' it, but even worse is the thought of those 15 year old daughters 1)getting pregnant, or 2)getting HIV or another incurable STD.

But regardless of how you feel about abortion, it is a step backwards to let the State decide what you can do with your own body.

#12     Sep 14, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Haven't you heard that ANY birth control is not 100% reliable? And just sometimes you make a mistake and why compound it with an unwanted child?

#13     Sep 14, 2003
  4. trdrmac

trdrmac

Maverick with all due respect I have laid out in more than two forums how I feel that America is not taking care of its children. But as an INDEPENDENT I am rather tired also of all this blame of Liberals for all the worlds ills. George Bush is every bit as crooked as Bill Clinton. I am happy to talk issues all day long, but only if the liberal, liberal,liberal stays out of it. The Right has as much complicity as the left in our current state of affairs.

#14     Sep 14, 2003

5. WRONG. what about the rights of unborn females ?? the problem with this debate is the foetus is not your body. yeah, i believe the individual can do whatever he/she wants including killing themselves--what do i care ?? but i do care about those unable to make this choice (unborn), and having someone elses choice forced unto them is wrong.

:confused:

#15     Sep 14, 2003
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Surf, I am surprised. I guess you are a vegetarian too?

If you consider how overpopulated our world is you might see my point. Is it better for them to die of starvation or to control the population? Is it better for a child to be wanted than born to a mother who is not willing?

Human life is not all that valuable lately. Too bad Saddam's mother did not avail herself of an abortion or Bin Laden's. That would have saved a lot of people.

Abortion has been around for centuries. Midwives used to do it before the physicians took over. Banning it would only bring back the coat hanger into fashion.

#16     Sep 14, 2003
  7. hi,

i LOVE red meat. i do see a difference between animals and humans--hopefully you do also. i believe in the preciousness and value of innocent human life. when the innocence is taken away, then life is not so valuable or precious--- now --there are exceptions to my general pro-life stance.....

best,

surfer:)

ps. do you have children ??

#17     Sep 14, 2003
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No, I never had children by choice.....but my husband has 3 and a pile of grandkids.:)

We are both pro-abortion. Think of it this way, everyone will die sometime.

And surf, the two cells that started this came from 2 people. So technically it is my body and "the contributor's"........the zygote did not come from out of the air.

#18     Sep 14, 2003
  9. Pabst

Pabst

I'm not surprised that a talented trader like Market Surfer looks at the Humanistic quality of the abortion issue instead of focusing on the shallow "I'm a libertarian, I can do what I want, fuck everyone except MY NEEDS, side of the debate.

I see much less irony that a pro-lifer like myself, would be a pro capital punishment, leather wearing meat lover, than the absolute sarcasm of abortionist whose concern over animals is greater than the un-born.

#19     Sep 14, 2003
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Where did you get this??????? We wear leather, eat meat and do not own any pets. Bob is a born republican where I have a much more liberal stance in politics. We do not endorse any religion. We are both pro capital punishment as well a pro-choice.

I guess this is the tactic of all specious debaters.....to inject their own version of the truth. Tsk, tsk.

Did you ever notice how UGLY the right to lifers are? My god if that was not reason enough for abortion.

:)

#20     Sep 14, 2003