Abortion and the Democrats debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Sep 13, 2003.

#31     Sep 16, 2003

2. 1)tax cuts financed by deficits are the ultimate form of political bribery...did you think GWB was going to say "elect me and you'll pay for it later!"??
    2)i agree, but lets wage war on those who are actually bent on attacking us. afghanistan and libya come to mind, not iraq. and i think i state the obvious when i say that rumsfeld is a moron who really fucked up badly. not only was the war illegal, but mismanaged. it seems that GWB is going to live up to his reputation and scapegoat good 'ol 'rummy' in the upcoming election for this. i'll be interested to see if GWB can manage to become the 1st republican in ~30 years (maybe since nixon) NOT to carry the military vote.
    3)OK.
    4)oil services.
    5)i'm going to let you google midland corruption and see what comes up...

Now it's your turn to provide specific examples of what you mentioned earlier--

#32     Sep 16, 2003
  3. 1. Promise things for the purpose of buying votes.
    2. Provide compassion by forcing someone else to pay for their "compassion".

On another thread AAA has a great post on these two and their effects. Actually the whole welfare state is a shining example for these two.

4. Try to take control of industries where they have no business.

Hillarys' healthcare fiasco.

5. Totally support the trial lawyers exorbitant fees to harrass
    industries and in the end effect health care costs more than any other one factor.

This is an area that is totally out of control. My emphasis is on the monetary incentives for trial lawyers to destroy industries for their own profit. Sueing must be allowed but the benefits to lawyers should be limited and both liberals and conservatives should be on board for this except for the liberal trial lawyers lobby and contributions. Also check the small private airplane manufacturing industry of several years ago and see what they did there.

#33     Sep 16, 2003
  4. 2)i agree, but lets wage war on those who are actually bent on attacking us. afghanistan and libya come to mind, not iraq. and i think i state the obvious when i say that rumsfeld is a moron who really fucked up badly. not only was the war illegal, but mismanaged.
    bungrider

We agree on Afghanistan and probably also on Libya. The way I view Iraq is simply looking at a strategic map of the middle east. Prior to 9/11 there was a large block of countries where terrorists could operate and were supported from. This was from eastern Pakistan west to Syria and then south to Saudi Arabia. The action in Afghanistan took one out and split Iran and Pakistan, geographically. That still left the western block where we only had a small toe hold in Kuwait. Looking at a map the most strategic country left was Iraq. It was a conduit between Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and Saudi Arabia. By taking Saddaam out it leaves a checkerboard effect and puts pressure on the remaining regimes. Iraq had several strategic pluses its' history, the potential for WMD, Saddaams' atrocities, a country we had no influence over, its resources(to help pay for reconstruction) but mainly where it is located. Libya is a good candidate but it isn't really central to anything mapwise. Also check the stories of CIA operations in other countries of the northern Sahara and elsewhere in Africa. Even Libya is starting to make sounds of cooperation such as the payments of past atrocities. To me it is divide and conquer in regard to terrorism.

#34     Sep 16, 2003
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

#35     Sep 19, 2003