Abolish oil futures now

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by ronblack, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Bribed by who? How can you say things like that and not even contemplate the possiblilty that your own government had another agenda. How about the very close connections between Bush' family and the Saudie's?

Yes, I agree. Help was needed and we thank you for that (in those days the US still could count on a lot of respect).
    But the effectiveness of that help had nothing to do with the spending or non-spending of these ridiculous amounts of money on a global army.

At least our governments aren't as scared as yours' are to confront the voter and let them pay for reality.
    And please explain how any government could lower the price of oil.

Also, notice how the oil-price rises with the demise of the dollar. We in EUR do not suffer as you do.
    I personally think the US economy is in shambles and is artificially prolonged by attracting foreign money. No country permanently at war can sustain without a war-economy of some sort.
    I hope you realize that all this was predictable, and I don't think this ruinous path would have been chosen without someone profiting BIG-TIME from it.

Ursa..

#11     Aug 1, 2007
  2. ronblack

ronblack

It is clear that you cannot have a civilized conversation. Some believe that those who cannot act civilized should not be able to reproduce.

I wonder what kind of people attack someone so brutally like you did attack me without even knowing the person. You must be a very frustrated individual my friend. Change your behavior before it is too late for you or your loved ones, if they are still around you because with such behavior you have I really doubt a woman or children would stay around a person like you.

Ron

#12     Aug 1, 2007
  3. ronblack

ronblack

Serious case of ignorance of recent history. Next you will say that USA started WW I and WW II.

European are ready to kill each other given a chance. This is what history tells us on numerous occations in the past. Look what is happening in Ireland for such a long time, Spain, Italy, in Greece they had a civil war already after WW II and German SS just 55 years ago would go around killing Jews, women and children in the name of fascism.

Europe exists because America wants to to exist and actually financed its rebuilt with generous sums of dollars. If America drops its support, the European Union will disintegrate in a matter of five years or so.

Do you know where the dollar will go if Americans ask back the moonies they gave you after WW II to buy milk for your children and clothes for your wives?

Ron

#13     Aug 1, 2007
  4. If the US didn't spend like it did on defense, the EU would have to.

#14     Aug 1, 2007
  5. So anyway, oil futures. High prices on commodities don't last forever. When traders actually wake up and realize oil is a commodity, prices will collapse like tulip bulbs and dot coms.

#15     Aug 1, 2007
  6. "Oil futures trading must be terminated. There is plenty of oil supply yet prices are rising like no other while many in the industry are talking about market manipulation using futures trading, something along the lines of what Amarath tried to do with the natural gas prices."

From what I have read, speculation in oil futures, hence causing the price to go up could be eliminated (or curtailed) by increasing margin rates of futures traders. People making money in the oil business (GS for instance) don't even need to get their hands dirty or actually be in the oil business.

#16     Aug 1, 2007
  7. Is this some new version of the white man's burden ?

#17     Aug 1, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

It struck me that the typical long term succesful business is often in somewhat of a shambles and entirely in need of attracting money from the outside...

#18     Aug 1, 2007
  9. I don't see why. The European powers have by and large given up their empires. The US is still trying to expand its - helped along by the occassional poodle.

#19     Aug 1, 2007
  10. Mayimbe

Mayimbe

Actually i think that Ivano have a great point, just look what putin has been doing with the gas and oil lately. In a few years, russia/putin will have the european oil in his hand. I dont know,but maybe that's one of the reason that some european leaders want the turkish in the union as soon as posible.

also, before the 1980's all the oil was trade Underbeneath the table betweens goverments and big oil traders like Marc Rich & Co, and it was worst than today!! you guys just dont remember the 1973 or 1979 crisis?

at least, today, the Opec has lost its power and a great degree of influence!

:)

#20     Aug 2, 2007