AbleSys

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by akamai t, Feb 26, 2007.

1. akamai t

akamai t

Anyone familiar or use the Ablesys trading system?
    Bactested, Performance?
    Thoughts?

2. AbleSys has been fully disclosed on the web. Its junk like all trading systems. The rules are to 'optimize' the system to your data every few weeks; or curve-fit.

See http://www.forex-tsd.com/6306-post9.html for more info.

3. akamai t

akamai t

Thanks for the input.

4. james16

james16

I am very familar with Ablesys, and you should never go anywhere near it..
    The sales staff have no trading experience there just there to take your money, The tech support department which is a total of one person has hours from 6 am until 2 p.m (Mon thru Fri) and is very difficult to get hold of.
    It's about 6000 bucks for a lifetime license, and it's such a retro
    trading platform it should be wearing trouser flares, and platform shoes..

5. james16

james16

04-06-07 01:05 AM

I am very familar with Ablesys, and you should never go anywhere near it..
    The sales staff have no trading experience there just there to take your money, The tech support department which is a total of one person has hours from 6 am until 2 p.m (Mon thru Fri) and is very difficult to get hold of.
    It's about 6000 bucks for a lifetime license, and it's such a retro
    trading platform it should be wearing trouser flares, and platform shoes..

6. akamai t

akamai t

james16,
    Thanks for the reply, what system would you recommend for swing trading?

7. Cessna

Cessna

I have to agree with james16 on this one. It works sometimes, but the problem I had with it was with Trade Station. The painted bars were never correct unless you do a manual recalculation. This can cause errors in entries, missed entries, and damage to your account.

8. akamai t

akamai t

Cessna,

I'll be try it for 30 days, not sure if that is enough time to get an accurate analysis of the system using the 30min or 60min bars.
    I've been having trouble with the ablefeed from esignal, data won't update DM indicator stays yellow not green. Tech support says it is my internet connect but everything checked out fine. Do you know of another system with buy and sell signal email alerts?

Akamai t

9. Cessna

Cessna

I;ve tried a bunch of them, and they all have good days and bad days. Ablesys might work ok on longer term charts, you just have to accept the drawdowns, as it is late getting into trends and can get whipped around like most trend following systems. I use much shorter charts, so the updating shafu was important to me.

#10     Mar 8, 2008