Abk

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Lamontsanford, Jun 15, 2008.

1. I'm just in it for a squeeze into expiry friday. Not much headline risk until then.

The sucker is way oversold. You get some momo here it just might have a quick multi dollar spike.

Fast $ boys mention abk long tonight fwiw.

#11     Jun 16, 2008
  2. Im so fucking pissed. I woke up at 8:30 and checked the news and markets. Fucking mini Dow was up so I wentright back to fucking bed until noon. LEH closed up and I lost fucking money but I don't give a shit. Fuck LEH!

#12     Jun 16, 2008
  3. Not all of these things will go bankrupt...either they will go bankrupt or they wont. A $5000 purchase made right now could yield you 20,000 in a year or simply 0. Place your bets but not everything is going to zero...by the way, leh going higher. you must be one of those guys that that thought JPM was going to buy LEH for $2.

#13     Jun 16, 2008
  4. Last week, I bought 10k shares at 1.37, then sold at 2.70. Took profits, and bought more when stock tanked on Fri.

How risky is this trade on scale of 1-10, 10 being crazy?

#14     Jul 12, 2008
  5. Will this company go under, or will they be bailed out?

#15     Jul 12, 2008
  6. Absolutely no bailout from gov't I think!

But there's an article saying that they're insuring $264 million for Air Force Project. So they're still in business, I suppose.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/07/11/ap5206855.html

#16     Jul 12, 2008
  7. could pop BIG today.

by the way how did they insure that new contract without AAA?:confused:

#17     Jul 14, 2008
  8. Still holding, earnings report on 8-6.

Increased position, should I sell before 8-6, or hold? Need advice, cannot make sense of this market

#18     Jul 23, 2008
  9. Increased position , and the stock took off on Friday. I am a novice at this, trying to read everything I can to learn. I am not sitting on about 22k in the green. I know I should take profits, but I am continually being told that the stock is going much higher.

I am a buisness owner (heavy equipment and municipal utility), and do this on the side with cash I have saved, and a rollover IRA that I obtained from dissolving the profit sharing program at work.

I have to say, since starting this, I find myself engulfed in it, always watching the laptop in my truck on the job every chance I get.

I don't have the time to research like I should, and was referred to a newsletter called Oxford club for picks. Would this be a wise choice, or too pricy. All the advertisements sound like big time BS sales gimicks. Always talks about large gains, never about loosing positions.

Any help is appreciated.

I am working with about 150k in my portfolios, but most of it is still in cash.

#19     Aug 3, 2008
  10. Daal

Daal

you are basically making a bet they will be able to unwind their portfolio with the counterparties and pay out less than they would have lost had they done nothing AND that the payouts wont take all their shareholders equity. I'm finding that hard to believe but it certainly is possible and the market is starting to price in those possibilities. I do however think its likely dinallo will stop a run on bond insurers if he thinks that will undercapitalize them but so far thats not been the case.(mainly because the ABK CDO unwond was so bad in the first place it might have increased ABK capital)

I thought it was too unlikely the buyer of insurance and the seller would ever agree on how much the payments would be on a market like this but I've been proven wrong, liquidity demands by the part of the buyer of insurance might be taking place(the seller of insurace is effectivly making a bid for the CDO by paying out cash to remove its wrap from them) so they might be prefering to hit that bid(terminating the agreement for cash) for liquidity reasons, maybe enjoy some upside in case the security is not all that bad(the CDO cant be worth less than $0) and perhaps avoid a disaster down the road if the bond insurer runs out of money and pays out less than that 'bid'(and they had to pay premiuns to a insolvent insurance company in the meantime)

I have no idea if this will continue so I'm decreasing my shorts on this

#20     Aug 3, 2008