ABK goin to 20

Discussion in 'Trading' started by itcanbedone, Jan 27, 2008.

1. on yahoo borads :eek: :eek: they have a link where the ABK is being viewed by WI's comptroller as solvent:

NEW YORK, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Wisconsin's State Insurance Commissioner said on Thursday he is confident that bond insurer Ambac Financial Group Inc (ABK.N: Quote, Profile, Research) will raise capital in the future.

Ambac posted a quarterly loss of $3.3 billion on Tuesday after writing down credit derivatives positions, wiping out roughly two-thirds of the accounting value of the company.

imo, this will lead other states to come to Ambac's side.

this puppy goin higher..

also, i'm long calls in this puppy:eek: :eek:

2. enjoy the ride. This puppy is either up or down 10% every day. Hope u have the balls to stay in.

3. Traded a few financials today actually. I'm letting this one ride for another hour or so. Caught dip at 10.78 earlier. If she tests morning open and markets get another leg higher, maybe $12 and I am dumping.

4. You still holding this to $20?! I tool the money and ran. Good luck, milked what I could before I get burned.

5. more positive momo coming. fingers crossed :eek: :eek: :eek:

NY Gov: will do what is appropriate for insurers
    ALBANY, Jan 29 (Reuters) - New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer on Tuesday said he was working "extraordinarily hard" to aid troubled bond insurers, adding he would do what was appropriate for the bond market and the municipal market in particular.

"We are deeply immersed in this to do what we think is appropriate for the marketplace and for the bond market and ... for the municipal market in particular," the Democrat told reporters.

"Beyond that, I don't want to say anything for budget reasons, but I think take it as a given that we're working extraordinarily hard on that issue and I think things are moving in a good direction."

A Spitzer spokesman was not immediately available to explain the governor's reference to the state budget. (Reporting by Elizabeth Flood Morrow in Albany; Editing by James Dalgleish) ((joan.gralla@reuters.com;+1 646-223-6345; Reuters Messaging; joan.gralla.reuters.com@reuters.net)) Keywords: BONDINSURERS NEWYORK/

6. Daal

Daal

hes saying he will protect the policy holders, they come first before shareholders and bondholders. only tax money or a dumb acquisition can save these stocks