Abiotic oil, infinite, supply we have been lied too

Discussion in 'Economics' started by traderight07a, Sep 15, 2010.

1. But why do some of them replenish...thats the question. Whats going on underground? Are the Morlocks making oil for us Eloi?

#11     Sep 15, 2010
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sorry guys, but we only allow 1 of this dumbfuck threads per month, and we already had one this month. At least wait until October when you can post your stupidity again....

There is actually a very simple explanation to that. Think of the reservoir as a giant cave. Now let's suppose there are 2 caves on top of each other. (or even next to each other) Once the top one was emptied, the dividing wall between the 2 reservoirs could break eventually, and there you go, a replenishing oilfield from actually another cave/reservoir...

Pretty simple, no magic needed....

#12     Sep 15, 2010
  3. olias

olias

Agreed. This is a 'clown thread'.

Peil, the link you gave us was informative, but it says nothing about 'abiotic oil'. Pekelo is right. No magic needed for this phenomenon.

#13     Sep 15, 2010
  4. weird stuff can happen with oil.

i had a water well on my land that had perfectly good water that we drank, watered our garden with, etc. then in late 2008 the water was gone. i mean the well became desert sand dry. "f*k that well!" i told myself and sealed it off.

a few months later i started to notice strange smell coming out from around the well. luckily for me, i only sealed it off half-assed. guess what? the whole freaking well was full of OIL!!

now i am really paranoid that my asshole neighbors may find out about my fortunate find and will start staking their claims. with the oil price going sky high maybe there will be enough oil in my well for all my neighbors but maybe not... :cool:

#14     Sep 15, 2010
  5. Shortie, that story sounds like something a North Carolina good ole boy woulld come up with.:D

#15     Sep 15, 2010
  6. after the water well dried up we had to cull our livestock. by now i am getting sick and tired of eating mainly possums and squirrels while sitting on possibly $millions.

but better be safe than sorry. i can wait it out a bit longer...

#16     Sep 15, 2010
  7. auspiv

auspiv

Think of oil reservoirs as a sponge - a very tight sponge with extremely low permeability (ability for a porous media to transmit fluid) and porosity (void space in the rock matrix). You can suck a well dry if you pump it enough, but it only really depletes the area directly surrounding the well. Give it enough time, and the oil will migrate back towards the area of lowest pressure, which is in/at the wellbore, because fluids flow from high to low pressure. Any other questions?

#17     Sep 15, 2010
  8. If you know the truth , you seehow elaborate the illusion to keep humanity, all earth enslaved. Time is now, and enslave ment will end .

#18     Sep 16, 2010
  9. piezoe

piezoe

It's simple, Jesus, is down there busy turning water into oil while the disciples watch in amazement. But they haven't got time to make oil everywhere. They are concentrating on the Christian oil fields for the time being.

#19     Sep 16, 2010
  10. dtan1e

dtan1e

don't make fun of holy man lightly, u may see your trading to crap pretty soon

#20     Sep 16, 2010