Abhay's charts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by abhay, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhay,

I do have a little knowledge of neural nets and other ideas to create timing maps, which I assume is similar to what you have posted.
    I believe I am somewhat familiar with their strengths and weaknesses. As for their probabilities of success, yes, some do show merit (85%??.... please ). However to suggest your map IS the market, is ludicrous. And to suggest people make decisions based on what you posted is insane.

Hi Fasttrader,
    You requested me to post my forecast for 22nd and I did. Are you watching ?? Does it look fluke ??
    See the precise UP move on open and then a quick big drop that was projected... I hope you made some gains...

I mean, this statement just stinks of a 'general lack of any idea'. So with that combination I decided you were full of baloney.
    My apologies for the earlier language. I just didn't want anybody to get the wrong idea about the obvious drivel you were hawking.

#21     Aug 23, 2003
  2. I have seen this spam earlier on Yahoo board and some other board. Where this guy claims he uses planets influence to predict market.
    Now if you have a paid service why don't you pay to advertise on this board.

#22     Aug 23, 2003
  3. Abhay,

Maybe I am missing something around here. If you want to convince me and perhaps get my money, please publish next Monday's chart over this weekend.

nononsense

#23     Aug 23, 2003
  4. Mecro

Mecro

I'm sorry but did you even observe what happened on Friday? You were off by a huge longshot. You did not even have a scent of what was going on. But at the same time you claimed to be soooo right.

But whats even more hysterical is that you still claim to be so great at forecast. From what I saw, you have no clue.

Go ahead and post charts for the upcoming week. If you get 3 out of 5 right, I'll actually give you some credit. I doubt you can accomplish that, let alone your 85% accuracy you boast about.

#24     Aug 23, 2003
  5. abhay

abhay

It is really hysterical that you don't even know how to analyze any chart or forecast. Obviously these things are not for people like you who would not apply little more sense in using the forecasts. If you say it was your first time seeing this and didnot know how to use them then it is ok...

Let me analyze the forecast :-

Before posting the forecast I had clear said give me leverage of 15 min.

1. I had a UP signal in morning form Thursday's lows, so I had gone Long on thursday at S&P 998.5 and I sold the Market near Open when S&P was 1010 (it went to 1012). For a futures trader it meant 12 points * $50 = $600 profit on 1 contract. I also recommended many people to buy options and it gave 15% profit by selling at S&P 1010.

2. I had a DOWN signal around 10:10, we clearly saw topping action around S&P 1009 - 1010 and I bought PUTS there and covered around 1 PM as per forecast which gave me approx 11 S&P points again = 11 pts * $50 = $550
    PUTS gave me another 15% profit by covering when S&P @998

3. Assuming you went Long around 1 pm as per forecast to be sold around 2:30 PM then you would have lost 5 S&P pts = 5pt * $50 = $250

4. Then there was UP signal from 3:10 PM to 3:30 which would have given you another 2 S&P points = 2* $50 = $100

5. there was a DOWN signal in to close which would have given you 4 S&P points of profit = 4pt * $50 = $200

Canyou do math what you would have gained and what you would have lost ?????

I feel sorry for you that it takes you som much time to understand.

Now if anyone commenting here can show me what else gave them better profits, I will bow to them.

Please no hindsight, somethign that was published before...

#25     Aug 24, 2003
  6. any type of forecast is based on geometry and math in general.

The market moves according to supply and demand. It's not possible to forecast a single day's events 1 week in advance.

NOT POSSIBLE.

I'm sure you won't like this, but it's reality. Come talk to me in 3 years, when you have all the money in the world.

Secondly, I have done alot with geometry, waves, fibonacci and more, and it is my conclusion that the only thing that matters is order flow. Detecting order flow.

Now that I am profitable by leaning on order flow, I would never ever tell anyone how I make money. Otherwise it would get arbed away.

Whats the use of selling something on your site when you could make millions and millions of dollars just using it.

In my opinion, people will choose money over fame. So if you want fame, you obviously have no chance at the money.

:cool:

#26     Aug 24, 2003
  7. abhay

abhay

Hello Sixthbeast,

The problem is you like others assume something by yourself. You judged me by what you already knew. You learned geometry and math and think nothing can be better than that ???

I do not use geometry or math as implied by you. Now if you or everyone else knew what I am doing then you would be doing this what I am doing.

There are lot of things in this world which according to your belief would be impossible but they are. I do not intend to go in philosophical debate ...

Wise man would study, watch before commenting....

Nothing personal against you, I know many more would be coming.... *lol*

#27     Aug 24, 2003
  8. Actually, it is possible to do advanced forecasts. A week in advance, who knows. I have no idea of how he creates his projections; nor do I care. But so many on this board think there is only one way to trade, and it is usually using some kind of crappy lagging indicators combined with something else. Sixth, I am not necessarily saying this is you, but so many on here are so quick to discount something that they have never seen before or something that is new. Just an opinion.

#28     Aug 24, 2003
  9. no offense taken.... after giving my 2 cents, I will sit back and await your phone call in 3 years. Or you can just PM me.

I have been watching and studying. I've seen numerous new elite traders start threads about forecasting the markets, they all disappear quickly.

If you are here in 3 years, you can PM me, and we will talk.

#29     Aug 24, 2003
  10. I've forecasted http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18612
    and have been around here for a while but do YOU trade? Funny how people who don't TRADE are the ones with all the opinions , or in this case don't do their homework. Abhay's model is uncanny in how it can be so accurate. I even referenced it in one thread, only to be criticized , so be it. Tell you what, listen to the jokers who blow up http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20880&perpage=6&pagenumber=1
    or listen to yourself and explore what works and doesn't, then make your own opinion.

#30     Aug 24, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.