ABCD Trading Methology

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DeGa, Dec 28, 2005.

1. WinSum

WinSum

Nice little Wedge forming on ES Daily chart. It is setting up to break out, but the question is which direction ?

:confused:

I'm more bias that the move will be to the downside than to the upside.

Last week, My "modified" number line hit -9 for the first time this year. This is bearish for the market.

Anyone else tracking the market with ACD Number Line ? What do you have for the market bias ?

#41     Jun 26, 2006
  2. has anyone ever used this method on stocks? would it work best with things like the q's? I am not sure the method would have the same effect on individual stocks.

#42     Jun 26, 2006
  3. ====================
    Abc] Most[a] all the trends are down,all time frames in ESu6 contract;
    however daily lows last 5 days are [c]creeping up.:cool:

D] ebayser DIA ,YMu6 are a bit more bullish, but not much;
    50 Dma is still down in DIA,YM looks like plenty of short trends, with daly lows also creeping up from mid month:cool:

Used alphabetical order;
    dont know if its exactly what Mark had in mind?????:cool:

#43     Jun 26, 2006

4. doesn't work on stocks.

#44     Jun 26, 2006
  5. His book got good reviews on amazon, I may just have to take a closer look.

#45     Jun 26, 2006
  6. comfut

comfut

It does work on stocks. Here's how:

I day trade a portfolio of 9 issues using an approximate version of ACD.

I can tell you from experience, you will generally have 5 or 6 issues giving you small amounts of money or small losers and 1 or 2 issues giving you .50 or greater profits.

I trade 1,000 shares of each issue. I, also, use a target on 500 and when that target is hit, I move my stop to b/e on the othert 500.

I may be using $500,000-$1,000,000 worth of buying power at a time, but that is no problem, as I trade through a prop firm.

The great thing about this strategy is that I never have large loses. Why? Because if things reverse, I wind up making it back up on the other side and the 15 minute range on most of my stocks are less than .50.

THE biggest problem comes in when you get the reversal to the downside and don't get any upticks to short close to your C point.

Oh well....nothings' perfect, but this is pretty damn good IF you can combine it with money mangement.

#46     Jun 26, 2006
  7. my comment was just that, a comment.

I've tried the setup several times in large-cap stocks and have been shaken out almost everytime.

Really nothing behind my comment.

#47     Jun 26, 2006
  8. comfut

comfut

The key for me with stocks is the "basket" concept.

You never know where your big winners are going to come from.

"my comment was just that, a comment.

I've tried the setup several times in large-cap stocks and have been shaken out almost everytime.

Really nothing behind my comment."

#48     Jun 26, 2006