Abby J Cohen thinks overall market is undervalued

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Abby is a great predictor. You just have to know when she is going to be right.

#21     Feb 17, 2010
  2. Not sure why Goldman hasn't replaced her. I can replace her in a 5 lines of java:

public class AbbyCohen implements SomePredictionInterface {
    public boolean isMarketABuy([infinite numbers of parameters]) {
    return true;
    }
    }

#22     Feb 18, 2010
  3. she did get "fired" in 2008: they moved her to a different office, different job title, etc.

#23     Feb 18, 2010
  4. What's important for GS is that Ms. Cohen *ALWAYS* has an opinion (i.e. she should never "not have a view on the market"). This fulfills her role at GS - which is specifically to give people another reason to trade.

Note, she doesn't even have to believe the market is under or over valued. It could be "fair" valued - and still give a person a reason to trade.

Please note that Ms. Cohen, like everybody else, also has an asshole. That doesn't mean hers is better than yours.

#24     Feb 18, 2010
  5. the1

the1

LOL! That's funny :D

#25     Feb 18, 2010
  6. rew

rew

There are any number of ways a Goldman Sachs employee can get rich. So if Abby Cohen is rich she certainly didn't get that way on the basis of her accuracy in calling market moves (at least not the calls she made available to the public). Cohen was right only when the market happened to be down and later went up. A sign pasted to the wall that says "Stocks are going up!" will be just as accurate as Abby Cohen and will be a lot cheaper to employ.

#26     Feb 18, 2010
  7. Ah, the "wealth as a measure of success in life" argument.

#27     Feb 18, 2010
  8. Ah, the "wealth as a measure of success in life" argument.

#28     Feb 18, 2010
  9. rew

rew

Where did I make that argument?

#29     Feb 18, 2010
  10. A while ago I learned this nifty skill called "reading between the lines."

#30     Feb 18, 2010