Abby J. Cohen: Stocks underpriced, Value everywhere

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Did she put MRVL on the "convicted" buy list not so long ago? When the stock tanked, she blamed it on her analysts and not herself. Talk about accountability...

#11     Mar 1, 2007
  2. [​IMG]

#12     Mar 1, 2007
  3. how do you know which direction goldman is going?

#13     Mar 1, 2007
  4. Got a friend at Goldman. He told me "you've got to pick up some amgn. Their earnings were off .03 cents, and it's beaten down ready to go back up to the $80's."

Well, well! I had a client buy amgn at $72, and it's now in the low 60's!! Argh!!!

I'm sure time will tell, but I'll not give the gs analysts the same weight I used to! Especially since this guy bought 1,000 shares, and is also a friend of mine!! He's not happy, nor would I be!

Last, you guys should have seen what Tuesday did to a 1.6MM 401(k), where the guy was holding long only mutual funds!!! OUCH!!!

#14     Mar 1, 2007
  5. They put out predictions and analysis that is almost always INITIALLY so so wrong. But it eventually does go their way.

No one makes more trading profits on The Street than Goldman.

On a 'Ball-0-Meter' scale of 1-10, they are an 11...

#15     Mar 1, 2007
  6. All the brokerage firms have analysts that are the same recycled horseshit.

There are a few great analysts out there, but most work for their own private clients if they have any confidence level that matches their abilities.

If most people bothered to spend 10 minutes looking at a balance sheet, they'd realize how full of shit 99% of analysts really are.

#16     Mar 1, 2007
  7. He is not your friend. They are all just a bunch of cut throat liars. I really don't know why they require such high academic credentials to work there. After all, they are just a bunch of criminals.

#17     Mar 1, 2007
  8. Is she looking at the same market?

#18     Mar 3, 2007