AAPL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by DeltaSpread, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Looks like it.

#31     Mar 26, 2007
  2. my guess on apple..

we gap up tomorrow to about 97 and that becomes the short term top..we then correct back down to about 90

#32     Mar 26, 2007
  3. That woud be too 'easy'

It would take a pretty bad ER for appl to fall 10%

Otherwise it will probably form a base at the high 90's and run to 105

Google may be worth considering though. A retest of 490 is likely.

#33     Mar 26, 2007
  4. It will probably jump to 98 then back to 95 before running off again. Then again, it might not. :)

#34     Mar 26, 2007
  5. What an idiot I am. I just realized what time of the year this is; already the end of the 1st quarter & this stock is probably #1 on most holdings lists with institutions, funds, etc. - so its obviously going to get a real nice dressing to make performance and statements look pretty, hence, the run up every day on lower volume, even today as the market looked awful this morning.

#35     Mar 27, 2007
  6. What do you guys see in this stock that will drag it down besides the last area of resistance?

I personally see a rounding bottom, and the volume suggests that too. If this was correct, the technical target would be around $104.

AAPL

#36     Mar 27, 2007
  7. What do you see, in terms of increased eps, that will pull it up?

That's the question, no?

#37     Mar 27, 2007
  8. No, thats a very good question and honestly I don't have the answer to that.

To be completely honest, it amazes me that aapl has continued to grow at this pace. I worked at BBY for several years and the whole Ipod craze has died off a long time ago. That wasn't just in my store either, but throughout the whole district and most likely the whole country. The last 6 months whenever a customer would come in to buy an Ipod they were just replacing it.

Whenever I go into an Apple store they are always busy, but I rarely see people buying stuff. Apple is in the process of introducing a lot of new products but I don't think they will be such a huge hit as the Ipod, so I don't think they will be able to hold up earnings. The iphone doesn't come out for a while, and I have my doubts on that, so the only thing I can personally see keeping the stock up is hype.

#38     Mar 27, 2007
  9. My common sense tells me that Apple isn't creating a new category of product with the iPhone, as they did with the iPod, which is really the driver of their growth the last several years.

But my common sense has been known to fail me.

I guess analysts think Apple can sell 10 million iPhones the first year.

Maybe.

#39     Mar 27, 2007
  10. This is what I don't understand about Apple taking market share from RIMM. The majority of people I have dealt with who have a Blackberry got it from work, it's simple and has e-mail. Thats really all they need. RIMM introduced the Pearl to appeal to the consumer market and they expect that to grow dramatically, but how will Apple compete at the corporate front? How will Apple convince big companies to spend a lot of money for their phone to hand out to employees?

Without that they are just targeting the consumer level. Consumers will have to be willing to spend a lot of money for the phone, and most likely switch service. This means they will have to drop an extra $175 to cancel Verizon or Sprint, most customers walk away once they hear that. But for the AT&T customers they will have to pay an upgrade price, which will be considerably more, or pay retail price.

I think the Iphone will create a lot hype, but I don't think it will create a lot of revenue.

#40     Mar 27, 2007