Aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jordo, Aug 3, 2006.

1. well, i think it is too...maybe got some furhter to go down from here but it sold off heavely before reboundin' and in sept schools open...strongest qt for aapl typically is this....im thinkin' holdin' for a couple of months or more not a quicky.
    cautious buy imo.

by the way it is already gone vertical here in premkt.

#11     Aug 4, 2006
  2. a lot of retail is locked out before 8:00am. i am curious what happens then, then at open. i'll be shorting today. i own calls anyway, so i'm hedged either way.

#12     Aug 4, 2006
  3. AAPL got lucky that the market is on a trend up day...

#13     Aug 4, 2006
  4. i am in awe right now. down only 2% on 4 years of possibly incorrect earnings reports and fraud?

what's wrong with this market? :)

#14     Aug 4, 2006
  5. you have to think how incorrect the earnings are going to be...

so they are off by a few million because of some options grants - is that a big deal?(and that's the WORST case scenerio...)

It's not like they didn't make money of their products and lied about it.... isn't that what the street cares about? :cool:

#15     Aug 4, 2006
  6. If they found one cockroach in the house...

Why take chances?

#16     Aug 4, 2006
  7. especially since it came up so quick - stocks with this type of volatility often move more on -no- news.

(i was really expecting a 10 point move)

#17     Aug 4, 2006

8. ugh -

this is not an enron situation. you have to remember that options backdating, the way a lot of companies are doing it, is not illegal and has been done for decades. it has just recently been considered a fashion faux-pas. Add to that the fact that AAPL is being proactive and has not been contacted by the SEC, and this is a non issue. I really expect the retail traders to sell this off and the institutions to come in and buy it at the close.

#18     Aug 4, 2006
  9. I was also expecting a big move. This would almost seem like just another trading day for aapl, albeit a bit extreme on a mkt down day (if after hrs is ignored). As another poster stated, they are very fortunate for the good numbers today.

short aapl 67.00

#19     Aug 4, 2006
  10. #20     Aug 4, 2006