aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by krazykarl, Feb 6, 2006.

1. yikes mate...dont live on hope and prayer. Where was you`re stop when you put it on?

#31     Feb 6, 2006
  2. Currently

AAPL is being held by the uptrended market

Trust me

if the market was downtrending now

AAPL would be floating straight into 65.

<b>
    the market is about to stop uptrending @ 14:32
    </b>

in the next 5-10 minutes

so be sure you notice this.

AAPL won't have much support then. So odds would nbe in favor of a fall.

#32     Feb 6, 2006
  3. Hey coolweb
    Well i am already up like $150 so i was like what the hell how low can it go i am long 200 shares at $68.15
    Max to max i will not make money but i will cove up the stockis already down 4.50
    But it does not seem like the appl is really week it had gone to 67.90 i should have sold it

#33     Feb 6, 2006
  4. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62467
    01-19-06 01:28 PM
    You were a bit late to discover AAPL. The stock is up 1200% in three years. Stock is up 100% since its last breakout. Excellent earnings are already priced in to stock price.
    Today it is pinned to its strike of 80 otherwise over a quarter expect it to drop around 25%. Analyst upgrade will not matter.

The party was over on AAPL long time ago. When a stock reacts negatively to earnings its a red flag.

#34     Feb 6, 2006
  5. I see
    thats not a problem then

as long as you are comfortable with the position.

#35     Feb 6, 2006
  6. Look like there is no buying in the market and only hour1.20 minutes left
    damm

#36     Feb 6, 2006
  7. Appl is tanking due to this stupid article
    Apple lower as growth is questioned
    By Rex Crum, MarketWatch
    Last Update: 2:34 PM ET Feb. 6, 2006
    Disable MW live quotes | E-mail it | Print | Alert | Reprint | ?

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Apple Computer Inc. fell to their lowest levels Monday in more than two months, on concern that there is not likely to be much good news surrounding the stock for some time.
    TRADING CENTER
    NEWS FOR AAPL
    Apple in retreat as growth is questioned
    Amazon.com, Maytag, Electronic Arts in the spotlight
    Thomas Weisel rallies 30% in debut
    More news for AAPL

Quote & News Charts Financials Analysts Options SEC Filings

TRACK THESE TOPICS
    My Portfolio Alerts
    Company: Apple Computer, Inc. Add
    Create
    Fund: Monetta:Sel Tech;A Add
    Create

Get breaking news sent directly to your in-box

Create a Portfolio | Create an Alert

Apple (AAPL:
    Apple Computer, Inc.
    News, chart, profile, more
    Last: 67.31-4.54-6.31%

2:32pm 02/06/2006
    Add to portfolio
    Analyst
    Create alertInsider
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    AAPL67.31, -4.54, -6.3%) fell $4.15, or almost 6%, to $67.80, and the stock is down 22% since reaching a year-to-date high of $86.40 on Jan. 12. It's the first time that the company's shares have been below $70 since trading at $68.81 on Dec. 1.

For more than a year, Apple has put on one of the most-dominant market performances in the technology sector. The Mac and iPod maker even had a 2-for-1 stock split on Feb. 28, 2005 after its shares reached almost $90 -- and then saw the stock nearly reach that all-time again in January.

But sales of more than 14 million iPods in Apple's last quarter, along with $565 million in profit and $5.75 billion in revenue, has added fuel to beliefs about just how long Apple can sustain such growth on a year-over-year basis, according to Robert Bacarella, manager of the Monetta Select Technology Fund (MSCEX:
    Monetta:Sel Tech;A
    News, chart, profile, more
    Last: 8.59-0.10-1.15%

6:03pm 02/03/2006
    Add to portfolio
    Analyst
    Create alertInsider
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    MSCEX8.59, -0.10, -1.2%) .

Bacarella said that Apple makes up about 0.5% of his almost $2 million fund, but he has pared down his holdings in recent weeks from 1.5%. He added that there is a sense in the market that "all the good news is out. The easy money has been made."

Apple's overall business remains solid, but that there are genuine concerns about the company's abilities to match is year-over-year profit and revenue figures, according to the fund manager.

Bacarella also said that there is little to suggest it is necessary to sell Apple shares, but that the stock needs to show some strength at the $67 mark to maintain broad confidence.

"My gut feeling is that people are taking some [profits] off the books," he continued. "They feel the stock looks tired and want to get some payoff from it. If there was any real bad news, [the stock] would have broken down before now."

Analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call estimate that Apple will earn 44 cents a share on $4.58 billion in revenue for its current, second fiscal quarter. Such figures would result in a 29% rise in earnings per share and a 41% increase in revenue.

The huge success of the iPod, along with increased sales of Apple's flagship Macintosh computer line have created a situation that, while enviable, is also hard to match with every subsequent business period, Bacarella said

#37     Feb 6, 2006
  8. WD40

WD40

i doubt rex has so much influence. he is just a bit writer on hi tech; nowhere near investment analysis.

#38     Feb 7, 2006
  9. ipod sales were due to drop. but...

with the intel chip in macs and the promo's going with it, will it be enough buzz for the mac to grab market share? higher margin product which could erase any downtrend in ipod growth.

its a theory, someone that covers the pc industry might be able to make a more informed judgement on whether it will occur.

#39     Feb 7, 2006