aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by krazykarl, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Jim Cramer
    Apple
    1/25/2006 11:05 AM EST

Apple ailing because of excellent note from Laura Conigliaro--who still does work!!!--at goldman saying that the transition could hurt the march quarter--i see that and respect it..

#21     Jan 25, 2006
  2. ===========
    Vehen had a timely GS Cramer note;
    & speaking of funds thinking a little deeper, funds did buy nicely short time ago, ,not limited to last OCT 50 day moving average.

Actually could still be a semi-good probability trade , buying today @50 dma average ,except didnt because;

1] Better uptrends else where,
    2 ] Have to look@ other side of AAPL trade also.
    3.3]Jeff/Yale Hirsch does nickname OCT a bear killer , not FEB, in Stock Traders Almanac book. Not a prediction, but probability.
    :cool:

#22     Jan 26, 2006
  3. dextel

dextel

News don’t mean a thing if the market doesn’t swing.
    Forget all of the analysts, they don’t know left from right anyway.
    Kramer is a lost puppy.

Don't look at the news.. Look at the reaction to the news.

Trade the charts not the news and you will do fine.

That is exactly why most loose in the market.
    Did you ever consider analysts going on CNBC(the gambling network) and talking a stock up because they have a lot of stock to dump?

Unless you have inside info and act on it which is illegal, forget it.

#23     Jan 26, 2006
  4. cramer saying ring the register on some tech on his radio show.brcm , mrvl ect. i agree. i am confident you will have a chance to buy back cheaper later.

#24     Jan 27, 2006
  5. Karl - price precedes fundamentals. The price already reflects the news. Buy the rumor, sell the news as they say.

All analysts suck. They are like drug dealers in an alley. Disregard them totally. They upgrade something when one of their big thug clients needs to sell some stock. They are Wall St pimps, that's all. There is some reaction by daytraders who often get shaken out soon and then post on this forum on how the market reverses every time they place a trade.

Instead, use the scientific method and rely on your own personal backtesting and daily observations. Rely on statistical probabilities as it's all you have until you gain several years experience. I am doing so much better since I admitted I am too green to pick stocks without stats. Also I have found much published material to be wrong and now believe the real good stuff is kept secret.

I'm a beginner myself and just passing this on. Enjoy the journey.

#25     Jan 27, 2006
  6. Even better play with the analysts and go take advantage of multiple upgrades called before the open: long those stocks and keep 'em 'till the close, in the long run odds are stuck with u.

#26     Jan 27, 2006
  7. AAPL

I think AAPL gets hammered after earnings- for sure! Maybe 15 points or more from highs. Probably back down to 65! Oh wait--- I said that already in another Journal thread! :eek: :eek:

Remember - all things come to he who waits! And that's what makes trading and the markets so challenging - it favors the prepared, the patient and the persistent! You can be early and miss some - but in the end you come out ahead by simply staying the course.

I do love AAPL actually though - Steve is my boomer hero!

I might even add some ITM calls next week.

#27     Jan 27, 2006