AAPL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Pabst, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Still short. Moving stop down to 62.66

#21     Nov 14, 2005
  2. AAPL to the moon baby. GOOG doesn't even come close nor any of the energy stocks to matching AAPL's rise from $6 in 2003. Just wait till the wintel computers come out, then AAPL will rocket to be the #1 computer company in the country. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

#22     Nov 15, 2005
  3. Frickin' Steve Jobs....I don't ordinarily have much positive to say about CEO's but that guy is amazing.

He's one of the best businessmen in America and he plays Wall Street like a violin.

#23     Nov 15, 2005
  4. May be pullback time this week.

#24     Nov 27, 2005
  5. Pabst

Pabst

I couldn't agree more.

The Apr/03-Nov/05 rally is virtually double the size of the 3/2000-4/03 break. Plus the 4/03-2/05 rally segment was EXACTLY .6185 the size of this entire 4/03- 11/05 move. Very significant confluence.

#25     Nov 27, 2005
  6. do you guys think if appl announce a stock split at these levels
    Is it possible - ? as it had already dont a stock split

#26     Nov 27, 2005
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

In my opinion, until this stock starts to break down, the money to be made is on the long side. While you guys have been trying to pick tops, this stock has gone from 46 to 66 in less then a month. That's a 50% move you guys missed. No doubt in my mind this stock will pull in a few bucks at some pt soon here. But the real money to be made in this stock continues to be made buying the pullbacks.

And since I think we could see a significant move higher in the NDX, this stock will continue to outperform. It's as simple as that. Same goes for GOOG. It amazes with the experience of some of the traders on this thread, some who have over 20 years experience and who have seen this exact move transpire over and over again throughout the years, they continue to go against the trend and try to pick tops.

One of the biggest differences between this market and the market we had in the late 90's is, in the late 90's we had hundreds of stocks like AAPL and GOOG to chase. Now, we just have AAPL and GOOG. What this means for fund managers is, if you want to outperform the nasdaq, you must be long these two stocks or you will underperform the index. And remember, the fund managers don't get paid to produce positive returns, they get paid to outperform. So it's all relative to them.

My guess is this stock closes the year somewhere between 75 and 80 if we get one more push higher in the NDX. If we don't, I see this stock somewhere between 64 and 68. Either way, there is no edge to be had trying to pick up the few nickels on the downside on these pathetic attempts at selloffs. Anyway, this is just one man's opinion. We wouldn't have a market if everyone agreed with me.

#27     Nov 27, 2005
  8. Actually, Maverick74, I have been 90% long in my AAPL trades for the last 2 months. But at this juncture, I am keeping an eye open to a pullback this week, and in the market in general. I'm not trying to pick a top here in AAPL. If it goes up, I'm long, down, I'll consider short.

There have been a bevy of stocks lately that have shot to the roof in this recent rally, NTRI NDAQ ISRG to name a few.

#28     Nov 28, 2005
  9. Mav, you can always have apple jacks for breakfast.

#29     Nov 29, 2005
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

I guess I could rub this in if I wanted to, but I won't. :D

AAPL + 3.78 (5.57%) 71.60

#30     Dec 1, 2005