Aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by turkeyneck, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Is it a tell that the path of least resistance has changed from bullish to neutral/bearish?

#71     Jan 25, 2010
  2. The sun could shine out of the apple tablets arse tomorrow and this stock will probably still be flat, then we'll get better than expected figures for the US economy (house sales, warehouse stock, horse happiness) and it'll jump 4%.

The markets are so far ahead of the economy that madness has set in, people are buying stocks based on fantasy and selling based on the fear they might not double their money this year :D

#72     Jan 26, 2010
  3. market makers 1, retail schlubs 0 the usual.:p

#73     Jan 26, 2010
  4. parker

parker

What about the P/E change, doesn't this force everyone to look at AAPL in a new way? I'm confused about the relatively mute reaction to this detail..

#74     Jan 26, 2010
  5. Onevoice

Onevoice

stock is taking off!!!

up 1.5pts in less than 1 min

#75     Jan 26, 2010
  6. livevol_ophir

livevol_ophir ET Sponsor

Note the vol crush in IV30™.

A quick update on the last AAPL blog (yesterday pre-earnings). Click to read the original vol and skew post: <a href="http://livevol.blogspot.com/2010/01/aapl.html"> CLICK HERE. </a>

I have posted the skew from today - after earnings and re-posted the skew from yesterday. Note the drop in the red (front month) vol relative to the other months as well as the yellow (second month).

Skew legend:
    Red - Front Month
    Yellow - Second Month
    Green - Third Month
    Light Blue - Fourth Month

Article Here:
    http://livevol.blogspot.com/2010/01/aapl-update.html

#76     Jan 26, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Apple new IPAD has arrived, apple stock falling minutes after the release, honestly it looks like one big Iphone. I dont know if this really means anything at the moment, I think the Iphone going to verizon would be bigger and better news for apple, this looks like it could be a miss for apple, 1st one in a long time.

#77     Jan 27, 2010
  8. parker

parker

how is this a miss, we havent even heard the price. who ever would want a POS acer netbook over this is insane.

and the show is not even halfway over imo

#78     Jan 27, 2010
  9. pivot 207.39
    R1 201.08

#79     Jan 27, 2010
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Honestly if you have an Iphone you do not need another device like the ipad, I have a netbook that I purchased this past year and im fine with what it does, I dont understand why this is being so hyped up, its a computer without a keyboard, its nothing special, they have had tablet computers before. This market is so saturated with these type devices, I think they have filled every niche. Price hasnt been determined however though guesses are $600-$1000, unless they make a deal with a wireless carrier I dont think it will sell as many units in that price range, again I think an iphone going to verizon would be bigger news than this, this is pretty much a non event, I have been watching the live feed, nothing special.

#80     Jan 27, 2010