Aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by turkeyneck, Dec 1, 2009.

1. 210 at least has a decent bit of resistance to overcome. I'd be pretty nervous of the 200 strikes, though. There was decent volume off that bounce today and AAPL is a darling stock in an uptrend. It's shown a tad bit of weakness recently, but it might just be catching it's breath.

If you are profitable, I'd take a bunch off the table or at least hedge yourself against an upwards rocket or maybe even roll the 200s up past 210.
    My $0.02.

#21     Dec 9, 2009
  2. muller

muller

As for the next days to be bullish the Close has to close over the MA and over its day's Open.
    Doesn't look like this will happen today, or this week.
    I drew a trendline from the prior bullish Lows (12/8 and 12/9).
    Looks very sideways for this week.
    And the 60 minute chart looks like we're in a Wave 4. I really don't care much for "Waves". But if it is, then Wave 5 might end at the downtrend line drawn from the Highs of 11/16 and 11/24.
    12/17 will be a make-or-break day. That's in 7 days from today.
    And today isn't over yet.
    If AAPL closes down today, it might close up tomorrow.
    I mean, it's stuck between the up- and down-trendlines until 12/17, hovering around its MA.
    And the Nasdaq Composite looks pretty much sidaways too.

#22     Dec 10, 2009
  3. muller

muller

The Low on 12/8 was bullish.
    This Low combined with a Close over $200 after 12/17, or over $202.50 before 12/17, with a Close over its day's Open will lead to a leg-up. At least testing its 11/16 High of $208. (Could take a month or two.)

#23     Dec 10, 2009
  4. Any predictions on how AAPL will trade at earnings in Jan?

#24     Dec 22, 2009
  5. muller

muller

I don't know about a earnings date. You? But up till then it looks pretty bullish. Downtrendline broken yesterday. few Fibonacci resistances up, then the High of Nov 16.
    I wouldn't want to be short.
    Target around 216. Depends on the general markets though.

#25     Dec 23, 2009
  6. The % gains on AAPL is small in comparision with commpodity, metal stocks unless we buy very low, at key support $190.

#26     Dec 23, 2009
  7. If history is any indication, it should be around the Jan 21 timeframe. Just look at the huge difference in premium between the Jan and Feb options.

#27     Dec 23, 2009
  8. muller

muller

yeah it could go 190!
    personally I'm more like 195 or 199 for a reaction, "technically".
    190 Low is/would be for a longer time frame.
    (Fundamentals just come second)

I really don't care for 3rd Fridays. I am more of a price action trader.
    For an ANTICIPATION of a new (longer term) bull this time is right to be long.
    Confirmation for it would be around 206/205.50. Then the High of November 16.

#28     Dec 23, 2009
  9. Bootsie

Bootsie

I'm short 202.25 - risk is good here - if you manage your stops...

#29     Dec 23, 2009
  10. muller

muller

stops are always best

There might be a reaction like there was one after 12/14 for a short term profit.
    Sure, there might be some noise on which you can profit on the downside.
    But to me it's a gamble, because there ain't no signal to be short (depending on the timeframe you were making your decisions on. My comments here are based on daily intervals.).
    But if it was an intraday chart, I'd surely be looking for a short

#30     Dec 23, 2009