Aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by turkeyneck, Dec 1, 2009.

1. I dunno... I was never an Apple fanboi until I bought an iPhone. This thing is badass and I don't think any other smart-phones can come close to besting it for quite some time. I imagine that its expansion into China will be ridiculous. Granted, that is IF the Chinese end up liking the platform. Their little asian brains may not vibe on it like mine. I think this will be the thing to watch out for.

I'm long... i'll be watching it closely with a fairly tight stop though

#11     Dec 6, 2009
  2. Looks like China sales are thru the roof, or not... in 2 weeks their biggest online site sold 5 units. Yep,,,FIVE in TWO weeks. But at least they got their foot in the door, right???

h/t Denninger
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/183600/

"China Unicom has sold just five iPhones through a big online retail site in the two weeks since it opened the virtual store, the latest sign that the handset is suffering in China from its high price and lack of Wi-Fi.

An official iPhone store on Taobao.com, the biggest Chinese e-commerce Web site similar to eBay, has sold just two 8GB iPhones and three 16GB iPhones, according to figures on the site. The store launched in the middle of last month, a few weeks after China Unicom began offering the first official iPhones in China."

#12     Dec 6, 2009
  3. #13     Dec 6, 2009
  4. Apple looks and smells rotten to me,bought 200 strike puts ,when the price was 204.If it broke 190 three days in a row,than next stop is 175.

#14     Dec 6, 2009
  5. no shit? man, that's terrible... interesting

#15     Dec 6, 2009
  6. martymjp

martymjp

Apple looks like it has pretty strong support at 188.60 that would need to be broken

#16     Dec 8, 2009
  7. AAPL formed a little inverted hammer today. AAPL is at the bottom of the daily bollinger band.

AAPL is oversold now. Since the market is so weak today, it couldn't close higher. It wanted too.

RIMM looks strong to go to ma-50.

#17     Dec 8, 2009
  8. muller

muller

I think those upswings today and those coming the next days will be to test the Moving Averages.
    Then the downtrend might resume.
    Those double tops formed on 11/17 and 10/22 were extremely bearish.

Another possibility might be sideways trading between $208 and $188 for the coming weeks.
    Everything is just "might".

For a bull there has to be a close over $208.71.
    Let's see how Jobs' innovation train is rolling on.

#18     Dec 9, 2009
  9. parker

parker

I'm interested in how the next two weeks or so will play out for AAPL, basically pre expiration day. I was surprised by how strong the move to the upside was today. After just breaking down the 50 MA and with tax related selling issues throughout the month and what is still a very weak economy in general, I guess I'm puzzled.

What are everyone's thoughts? Also, from a technical standpoint are their any implications on the last 5 minute bar of today or is that just end of day noise?

#19     Dec 9, 2009
  10. Will AAPL Dec 09 200 and 210 Calls expire ITM next week? I have these naked calls and today's action is making me nervous.

#20     Dec 9, 2009