Aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Arnie, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Arnie

Arnie

Like the little Energizer Bunny........

[​IMG]

By Michael Kitchen AAPL

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- After months of uncertainty about Steve Jobs's health, the Apple Inc. /quotes/comstock/15*!aapl/quotes/nls/aapl (AAPL 146.25, +2.51, +1.75%) chief executive appears on track to return from medical leave this month, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday, citing people familiar with Apple. Jobs, a survivor of pancreatic cancer, went on medical leave in January, and some investors had expressed doubt about the company's statements that he would return this summer, the report said.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/steve-jobs-to-return-to-apple-helm-this-month-wsj?siteid=yhoof2

2. Yes, just keeps going. I didn't like them at $95. It hit $82 and all of sudden they're worth almost twice that amount. Thoughts of irrationality and solvency come to mind.

3. Same thing with Goldman Saks. The common line on this message board was that it's just a bank holding company now it can't possibly go back to what it used to be.

4. take profits if u havn't already, i think aapl has hit a ceiling for now. There are a lot of buyers like myself on the sidelines just waiting for any dips, and we know not to buy at these levels.

take a look.

5. I wish all those guys who started 'AAPL is overvalued, I'm shorting the shit out of it' threads a few months back would at least step up and admit that they're idiots. Anyone who has watched this stock trade intraday wouldn't dare short it after the overall markets had tanked so badly as they had in Feb/March, and then bounced up a bit. That's when these genii said they were sellers. Look in the dictionary under 'Fundies don't matter' and you'll see a pic of an AAPL.

There are so many absolute dogs out there - why in the hell would you choose a stock like AAPL for a longer term short??

6. It must be nice to get all your picks right. You should own the world any day now. And I don't think anyone said AAPL is a great long term short. It had more downside than upside potential in the current economic environment and even more so today, but as the saying goes, the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

7. 414maple

414maple

A strong uptrend is in place and this name remains positive longer term.

8. A typically stupid comment. I've been here a while and I almost never comment on individual stocks, but you're too fucking stupid to stop and wonder if that's the case or not. In fact you've never seen me comment on any stock, ever, but like the retard you are you insinuate that I'm always claiming I'm right. I have never claimed to get all my picks right. I simply stated that of all the stocks to short when the Dow was wavering around 8000 in April and most everyone was saying 'it's gonna crack hard', AAPL is probably the last one a trader should have been looking at.

I shouldn't even bother responding to a fuckwit like you but I just happened to check in and saw your reg date. Don't worry, junior; you actually stand a chance of getting smarter past age 25.

9. There was a small handful of ETers making that argument back then, but they were generally drowned out by AAPL-bears. Of course, those bears were nowhere to be found when the stock was cracking $200 a year earlier.

Not clear to me why this company in particular seems to attract the dregs of the bear clan.

10. Take a step back, buddy. You don't know me, and you sure as hell wouldn't talk that way to me in person and probably would have a hart time keeping eye contact with me if I was pissed off at you.

"You've never seen me comment on any stock, ever." What the fuck did you just do? Someone is an idiot if they didn't like AAPL and you would never short it isn't a comment?

Raging like that on a public forum while anonymously sitting behind a computer screen is a real douche bag thing to do and not something I would expect from a grown man (which I assume you are with the "junior" and "past age 25" comments). As a matter of fact, if you're not in your late teens and still talk that way, it's time you made your way to the family doc and get on some antidepressants or at least get laid every once in awhile.

I'm a nice guy and maybe we got off on the wrong foot. I live in Phoenix. Maybe you can stop by and have lunch or maybe hit the gym together. It might do you some good to work out some aggression doing heavy squats or something. The great thing about trading is it gives me all the time in the world to rehab from my torn bicep. I spend a lot of time in three gyms in the East Valley area. You ought to stop by and say hi sometime. In the meantime, have a nice day :D

#10     Jun 7, 2009