Aapl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by IzzyfoShizzy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. lwlee

lwlee

I don't like the general market direction. Every chart I see points down.

When the SP was approaching its 50 SMA on the daily chart, I had some thoughts of getting out but thought the CFO news and next week conference would keep AAPL semi-afloat.

We could get a bounce tomorrow but got to seriously think whether or not I want to hold while the charts look so bad.

#51     Mar 3, 2008
  2. Of course I could be wrong, but I really believe we are at a great buying opportunity if you consider only the technical side of the market. We ultimately may turn into a nasty bear market, but we have not even penetrated our bull trend line that was established at the beginning of this bull market. This could be the best buying opportunity we have had in 5 years.

#52     Mar 3, 2008
  3. How much commissions do your guys pay, to trade APPL. I am looking to trade 500 shares per trade.

Or if someone can recommend a good broker

Thanks
    Bill

#53     Mar 3, 2008
  4. At IB that trade would cost you 2.50.

#54     Mar 3, 2008
  5. Thank you for you quick response, Is that R/T or one way....?

#55     Mar 3, 2008
  6. 1 way. Basically they charge .005 per share with their bundled package, and .0035 with their unbundled package. That is one way, and there is a 1.00 minimum charge each way if your trade works out to under 1.00.

#56     Mar 3, 2008
  7. My tech indicators say we already broke the bull market line. We are officially in a bear market in my book. On the other hand - commodities are the new bull market for now.

#57     Mar 6, 2008
  8. What is the benefit of going bundled with IB vs going unbundled? As in, why would anyone pay the bundled price if unbundled is less unless there are some other gotchas.

Is it that it can cost more unbundled in certain cases? (removing liquidity, cancelling orders, etc.)

#58     Mar 6, 2008
  9. I think by most technical indicators we have broken the bull trend, but we still haven't broken a 20pt box P&F with a 3 box reversal. Something is going to happen here pretty quick though.

Since all trendlines in a p&f chart are 45 degrees we will break trend in this column at 1280. Now should we move up 60 points from here the new trendline break will be at 1320, and then 1360. So as you can see it is going to be very difficult to stay above trend.

We are definitely very near a major turning point. Logically we should drop like a rock. I just have never seen the market as logical.

#59     Mar 7, 2008
  10. Posted Mar 07, 2008 01:09pm EST by Aaron Task

Stepping back from the market's short-term volatility, Apple's "software roadmap" event Thursday spoke volumes about the company's very bullish long-term outlook.

First, Apple's liscensing of Microsoft's ActiveSync technology is a big step in the iPhone's war with Research In Motion for corporate customers.

Second, the $100 million iFund from Kleiner Perkins to be used for future iPhone software development is a huge vote of confidence in the iPhone.

Third, and arguably most important, Silicon Valley legend John Doerr saying the iPhone could be bigger than the PC is an incredible statement about the product's potential.

Again, short-term trading is a crapshoot, but Apple shares seem to have a found a floor around $120 and the long-term view looks very good.

Anyone agree with the last statement they made that it seems to have found a floor and can only move up from here?

#60     Mar 7, 2008